<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  how popular is Yao in other asian countries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 am
User avatarPosts: 1042Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:57 pm
like phillipines, thailand, malaysia, singapore, korea.

Last edited by xang on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:57 am
don't know, no one replied

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
I know some Viets don't exatly like YAO. They call him a softy and he should be dunking on people.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:50 am
User avatarPosts: 40Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:37 pm
I got some Taiwan friends that hate Yao.
But then again, all my friends dislike him. They all think he just made NBA because hes tall :x .

It's so freaking annoying, after all he's been through. Yao Ming is amazing, his success after his injury was just amazing to watch.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:40 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
sonnay wrote:
But then again, all my friends dislike him. They all think he just made NBA because hes tall :x .

It's so freaking annoying, after all he's been through. Yao Ming is amazing, his success after his injury was just amazing to watch.

most likely ur friends don't know anything about bball or nba. i also got such friends who thought nba was just jordan, kobe and carter.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:04 am
yeah, i second that. you friends are bunch of sissy and don't know a thing about BB. they are probably somewhere sitting around all day and do nothing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:57 pm
sonnay wrote:

Those people are retarded. They should kill themselves.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:37 am
no one cares about yao except chinese and american-born asians

after all, how popular is ichiro in china? or hines ward? and those 2 are the MVP-caliber players, much more dominant in their sports than yao

it's naive to think that people in korea or japan have given a single thought to yao in the past 2 years, other than diehard NBA fans in those countries

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:35 am
temuchin wrote:

after all, how popular is ichiro in china? or hines ward? and those 2 are the MVP-caliber players, much more dominant in their sports than yao

it's naive to think that people in korea or japan have given a single thought to yao in the past 2 years, other than diehard NBA fans in those countries

hines ward is not asian. If you last name not asian, you not asian. And ichiro plays baseball, baseball is not popular around the world, it's only popular in the US and in US colonies, places where there are US soldiers, Just watch Iraq will be the next baseball power. The american soldiers in Iraq will teach Iraqi's how to play baseball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:01 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
temuchin wrote:

baseball and american football are not popular in china, so it's no strange that few china chinese hv ever heard of ichiro or hines ward.

on the other hand, many chinese bball fans know that tabuse was the first jananese player to make the nba. also chinese soccer fans know well about a lot of korean and japanese soccer players playing overseas.

so it's about how popular the sport is, not about nationality.

now u realize how retard u r by making those stupid comments?

Offline Profile WWW