<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming became the spokesperson for sohu.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
Normally, I wouldn't post so many non-sense pictures, but there are really no news now.

Last edited by sinobball on Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:40 pm

Now I'm going to briefly describe what happened.

The 3-on-3 streetball tournaments, sponsored by sohu.com, which also maintains the websites NBA-China and Yaoming.net, have been going on for weeks in several Chinese cities. On Sunday, the four cities Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, and Guangzhou fought in the Finals in Beijing. Because the tournament bears the name "Little Giang Yao Ming Basketball Tournament: You can fly as high as you wish", Yao Ming also appeared besides the courts to cheer for the young players. He hosted the games and started the jump ball and gave the awards (See picture).

This April, Yao Ming had already signed with sohu.com as their spokesperson, but no public ceremony took place. Today, sohu's CEO Zhang Chaoyang (the guy in blue) publicly gave Yao Ming a plaque. In a speech, Mr. Zhang said, "Yao Ming is not only an NBA basketball star, this guy born in the 80s also represents the dream-chasing, happy, successful, smart, humorous, and energetic new generation. " "Yao Ming resembles a lot of young people, as a young man born in the 80s himself. His success gave many young people the courage to chase their dreams."

Yao Ming's birthday also falls on September 12, so the host led everyone and sang the "Birthday Song". However, Yao Ming didn't seem to like it. Yao Ming also symbolicly cut a birthday cake (See picture).

Last edited by sinobball on Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:53 pm
Yao Ming being chased by reporters

At this event, in order not to bother Yao Ming, sohu.com did not call any sports reporters, but only invited a few business reporters. However, these reporters are even more ferocious in wanting Yao Ming's pictures.

Although Yao Ming is guarded by 10 security people, throngs of reporters chased after him for his picture. In a dark door, Yao Ming stopped and talked to the reporters: "I just need a place to rest, so I beg you reporters not to follow me." No one listens to him as camera lights still flashed from everywhere. Yao Ming then leaned against the wall and said, "If you guys keep photoshooting me, I'm going to go to the car, and then no one will shoot me and everyone's time is wasted." No one listens and the camera lights kept flashing.

Finally Yao Ming got free and sneaked into a room. In front of hundreds of reporters, a manager told the 20 security guards, "You all have great responsibilities, that is do not let any of them (the reporters) come in. When Yao Ming goes, make sure you block out a way for him."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:25 pm
I just like these Yao photos, eventhough I can see them elsewhere. It is nice to see them in the same page. Thanks.[/i]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
Thanks, sinobball!

Poor Yao Ming! What were the reporters thinking?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:55 pm
OOLONG48 wrote:
Thanks, sinobball!

the reporters in hong kong are even more stupid so think before you write anything

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 162Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:30 pm
maldini wrote:
OOLONG48 wrote:
Thanks, sinobball!

the reporters in hong kong are even more stupid so think before you write anything

Not only is oolong gay but also a hypocrite

Offline Profile