<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  YAO MING'S STYLE/FASHION SENSE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
li-unit wrote:
hmm in never knew dat my man stevie franchise had a danm clothin line....damn....dats kool if he did hook yao up wit som of his styles...uno keepin yao fresh n stuff...hmm...i juss wonder if yao ming will get to da point in his career wen he can launch his own lable fo big n tall men..u neva no...

peace

-li-unit out

Well, I read about that long ago !!!!

You see Steve Francis had big interests and investment in a sports wear/gear company, And 1.

What Francis plans to do is to design-make some sports gears (shorts, jerseys, shoes, track suits) for Yao Ming.

It is more a "commercial" move, as who else is better if you can have Yao Ming as a moving advertising board for your brand-name products !!!!

DON'T THINK STEVE FRANCIS CAN REALLY HELP YAO MING TO ENHANCE HIS FASHION SENSE/STYLE, AS I THINK THEY HAVE DIFFERENT TASTE AND STYLE !!!! 8) 8) :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :wink: :wink:

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 247Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 1:26 pm
Nikky wrote:
Dha481 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Francis and Cat help him out. If I recall correctly, Francis had some clothes specially made for him by his clothing line.

That's correct. Francis always refer to Yao as his "dawg" or his "big man." In one interview, Francis mentioned briefly about providing clothes for Yao as a way to break him in -- to make him look more like an NBA superstar that he is.

Side note on their friendship: Francis once noted that come next season, he will attempt to help Yao become an MVP. Yao responded, "that's touching."

actually he said, he'll help him win the all star MVP, but now we know he was just butt kissing Yao, cause he never really tried to pass him the ball, rather he passed it to KJ most of the time.
I ruined the post like i always do

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 657Location: USAJoined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:12 am
YaoMing2003 wrote:
actually he said, he'll help him win the all star MVP, but now we know he was just butt kissing Yao, cause he never really tried to pass him the ball, rather he passed it to KJ most of the time.
I ruined the post like i always do

How did you ruin the post? It is interesting to read different takes on the same subject matter -- everything is open to interpretation. Continue posting.

Here's the article I culled my quote from:
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030305/col_ulmer-sun.html

Though it may be wrong according to YaoMing2003, according to it: "When told teammate Steve Francis would try to make him the league MVP next season, Yao said: 'That's very touching. I think I'm going to cry.'"

XRayMom, do you really think Yao was being sarcastic? From a non-genuine person, the phrase often comes off as tongue-in-cheek or facetious. I do not know -- I would like to think that Yao and Francis were as tight as Malone and Stockton. Come two years from now, they would make an outstanding duo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 368Location: Fort BraggJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:35 pm
Hopefully, they'll go farther than Malone and Stockton. Let's not forget that the duo from Mormanville failed to get a ring. I would hate to see Francis and Yao making the play offs year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after and then retire without ever having won a ring.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
TannerSearle78 wrote:
Hopefully, they'll go farther than Malone and Stockton. Let's not forget that the duo from Mormanville failed to get a ring. I would hate to see Francis and Yao making the play offs year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after and then retire without ever having won a ring.

LET ME COUNT HOW MANY "YEAR AFTER YEAR" YOU POSTED ????

9 !!!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

It's about right, as Yao Ming said in his interview that he expected that he can continue playing in NBA for minimum 10 more seasons !!!!!

HOPE IT WOULD NOT TAKE THAT LONG FOR YAO MING AND STEVE FRANCIS TO GET THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS !!! MAYBE 5 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD, AS YAO MING SAID HE MIGHT FAIL 1ST TIME, 2ND TIME, AND 3RD TIME, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE 4TH TIME AND 5TH TIME !!!!! :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
pryuen wrote:
TannerSearle78 wrote:

LET ME COUNT HOW MANY "YEAR AFTER YEAR" YOU POSTED ????

9 !!!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

It's about right, as Yao Ming said in his interview that he expected that he can continue playing in NBA for minimum 10 more seasons !!!!!

HOPE IT WOULD NOT TAKE THAT LONG FOR YAO MING AND STEVE FRANCIS TO GET THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS !!! MAYBE 5 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD, AS YAO MING SAID HE MIGHT FAIL 1ST TIME, 2ND TIME, AND 3RD TIME, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE 4TH TIME AND 5TH TIME !!!!! :P :P :P :P :P

Houston needs another big star, then the puzzle is complete!!!!!!!! after they dump Glen Rice next year, then they will really have a shot at the champion

with Yao, Possible Star Quality Power Foward in the front court

Franchise and Mobley in the back court, this is an all star team and with quality players like Adrian Griffen, Maurice Taylor, Eric Piatowski of the bench to keep or increase the lead while the starters gets a breather.

so my message to Glen, TIME TO HANG EM UP

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:47 pm
caojiong wrote:

YUP !!!!! THE DEPARTURE OF GLENN RICE WILL FREE UP A LOT OF THE SALARY SPACE !!!!! HE IS TOO D**N EXPENSIVE !!!!

Well maybe the Rox can consider signing up Du Feng (who is a free agent now !!) or Li Ke from the China National Team as the power forard option to play alongside with Yao Ming !!!!! They won't be expensive but they are good quality power forward and easy to build rapport in their game with Yao Ming !!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
pryuen wrote:
caojiong wrote:

YUP !!!!! THE DEPARTURE OF GLENN RICE WILL FREE UP A LOT OF THE SALARY SPACE !!!!! HE IS TOO D**N EXPENSIVE !!!!

Well maybe the Rox can consider signing up Du Feng (who is a free agent now !!) or Li Ke from the China National Team as the power forard option to play alongside with Yao Ming !!!!! They won't be expensive but they are good quality power forward and easy to build rapport in their game with Yao Ming !!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

i think they can be back-ups, but what the rocket need is a Solid power forward who can rack up at least 15 pts a game.

if it wasnt for glen rice, i think rocket could really have got enough money to sign glen rice, which would make them a SERIOUS cup contender.

i am not sure about who will be available next summer, but lets hope somebody that is good and lets hope rocket wont miss him

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
caojiong wrote:
....Houston needs another big star, then the puzzle is complete!!!!!!!! after they dump Glen Rice next year, then they will really have a shot at the champion...

i seem to recall that Rice and JVG had crossed swords while w the NYK.
so it'd not surprise me if Rice get dealt before season starts.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:27 pm
bblock12000 wrote:
caojiong wrote:
....Houston needs another big star, then the puzzle is complete!!!!!!!! after they dump Glen Rice next year, then they will really have a shot at the champion...

i seem to recall that Rice and JVG had crossed swords while w the NYK.
so it'd not surprise me if Rice get dealt before season starts.

got my finger crossed hoping that would happen