<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  YAO MING INTERVIEW WITH XU GEHUI - PART II

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Sinobball

WILL YOU BE DOING THE SAME FOR PART II OF THE OLIVIA XU'S INTERVIEW WITH YAO MING ???? I.E. TRANSLATE IT FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T READ/UNDERSTAND CHINESE ????

http://www.phoenixtv.com:8086/fhkp/sing ... rrchid=494

PLEEEEEEEEEASE ?????? :shock: :P 8) :D :roll: :lol: :wink: :oops:

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:53 am
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
I'm working on it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:21 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Sinobball

I KNEW YOU WILL !!!!! :shock: :P 8) :D :roll: :lol: :wink: :oops:

WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ON BEHALF OF ALL THE OTHER POSTERS ON THIS FORUM WHO CAN'T READ/UNDERSTAND CHINESE !!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Yeah for Sinoball!!!! Um... almost finished with it? :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:52 pm
xraymom wrote:
Yeah for Sinoball!!!! Um... almost finished with it? :wink:

XrayMom

BE PATIENT !!!!!

THE INTERVIEW REPORT WAS A VEEEEEEEERY LOOOOOOOOONG ONE, WITH LOTS OF TRICKY COLLOQUIAL CHINESE TERMS. LET'S GIVE SINOBBALL MORE TIME.

Yet, this should be something worth waiting for, as in the interview, Yao talked more on other subject matters, about his hero "Wang Zhizhi", above his perception of "love and romance" etc.

SO MY ADVICE FOR YOU:- CLOSE YOUR EYES, CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND WAIT FOR SINOBBALL'S TRANSLATED ARTICLE !!!!! :shock: :P 8) :D :roll: :lol: :wink: :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
ah, well... (heavy sigh)... I suppose there's something to be said for anticipation....:roll:
I'm just kidding, Sinoball. I'll wait patiently for what I know is going to be another GEM from you. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:09 am
Although Xu asked many dumb questions, Yao Ming answered them well. Yao Ming definitely tells more to the Chinese media than to the American media, but I hope American Yao fans can also read this to acquaint them with some Chinese cultures. The more I read about Yao, the more I can identify with him, especially on the subject of the difference between two cultures, I agree with almost everything Yao Ming noticed. I feel this interview is actually a very good one, Yao Ming was very open (although I feel the TV host Xu Gehui is basketball illiterate.) I laughed several times during the interview. However, sometimes Yao Ming uses too many metaphors or philosophies that a simple pumpkin-head like me couldn

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:47 am
Sinobball

EXCELLENT WORK !!!!! GREAT TRANSLATION !!!! I COULD NOT EVEN FIND ANY CRITICAL FAULTS OR DISCREPANCIES IN ANY PORTION OF IT. MY KUDO TO YOU !!!!

I don't think I can do this better than you. I think you watched the interview in rather details (downloaded from the Phoenix TV website, right), as you managed to describe some of the reactions of Yao Ming during the interview (like his uneasiness when asked about his love story with Ye Li). It is particularly great when you added into the article those personal notes; If I just read the Chinese article, I would not have known it was Juaquin Hawkins that Yao invited to his home for dinner, and it was Eric Piatkowski on the LA Clippers that they were discussing about.

THIS IS GREAT WORK I MUST SAY. THANKS VERY MUCH.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:50 am
thanks, Pryuen,
BTW, do you think you can translate Yan Xiaoxian's new book "Yao Ming's life in America", it's posted as a series on sina.com

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:04 am
sinobball wrote:
thanks, Pryuen,
BTW, do you think you can translate Yan Xiaoxian's new book "Yao Ming's life in America", it's posted as a series on sina.com

Sinobball

WHAT ???? A SERIES ???? YOU MUST BE KIDDING !!!! I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE AN ARTICLE LIKE WHAT YOU'VE DONE !!!!!

Let me read it first. Maybe let's discuss with OOLONG48, Caojiong and others and see if WE CAN SPLIT THE WORK BETWEEN US AND DO IT TOGETHER ???

BTW, CAOJIONG USED TO BE VERY GOOD IN HIS TRANSLATION WORK ALSO !!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Offline Profile