<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming's interview with Xu Gehui

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:57 am
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
:D

Last edited by sinobball on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:25 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Who are you kidding, Sinoball? :P That last translation you did was GREAT! Those articles are about the only thing keeping this forum alive until NBA starts. I understand if you don't WANT to, but we all reallllly appreciate it... (could you feel the pleading there? I'm actually on my hands and knees begging as I type this :wink: )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
SINOBBALL

sinobball wrote:
Xraymom: I'm in the States.

REALLY???? I always thought that you're in China, or else you can't be that update with the results of the competitions of the national team, and that familiar with every of the national team players.

sinobball wrote:
My Yaomingmania symptoms are not as serious as Pryuens.

YUP !!! XrayMom is correct that I'm suffering from severe insomnia. That might explain why I have been able to accumulate to the current # of posts in yaomingmania.com in 6 months time, averaging 9 posts per day (or you should say per night !!) :shock: 8) :roll: :wink: :P :oops:

sinobball wrote:
I think you guys can download the Yao Ming interview video by Sally Wu (Wu Xiaoli) here for free
http://www.phoenixtv.com:8086/fhkp/sing ... rrchid=515

NOP..... the video is not free and you need to subscribe to the Phoenix TV web if you want to view some of its programs in video.

Anyway, there's no need to watch the video by Sally Wu. You've provided us a great translation of her interview transcript already.
THANKS. 8) :P :roll: :D :wink: :lol:

sinobball wrote:
And also if you check here
http://www.phoenixtv.com:8086/fhkp/cate ... rrchid=494
Xu Gehui (Olivia Xu) is doing another interview of Yao Ming, which should air Aug 24 at 8:30pm in Hong Kong (Maybe people in China and Taiwan can also watch it? I'm not sure)

I missed that program on Sunday night, and its replay Monday morning. I'll try to watch its 3rd replay on this coming Thursday (August 28th) at 14:40pm.

But in any case, you have given us the full transcript of the interview already, and I can follow what had been said in Olivia Xu's interview with Yao Ming.
THANKS AGAIN.

Guess XrayMom and the rest are waiting anxiously for your translated script !!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

By the way, the August 24th interview was Part 1 of the series only. Part 2 will be same channel same time this coming Sunday (August 31) at 20:30pm.

Maybe you should start to set aside time for the translation of this Part 2 interview AFTER YOU FINISH THE 1ST ONE !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :P :P :P :P :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:04 am
ImageImage
(Left: Xu Gehui hosting the banquet welcoming the National Team in Tianjin, before their last game against the Melbourne Tigers. Right: Yao Ming left the court early after the Tianjin game without signing any autographs or posting for any photos, as Xu Gehui (in red) looks on)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:03 pm
sinobball wrote:
I think you guys can download the Yao Ming interview video by Sally Wu (Wu Xiaoli) here for free
http://www.phoenixtv.com:8086/fhkp/sing ... rrchid=515

NOP..... the video is not free and you need to subscribe to the Phoenix TV web if you want to view some of its programs in video.

Anyway, there's no need to watch the video by Sally Wu. You've provided us a great translation of her interview transcript already.
THANKS. 8) :P :roll: :D :wink: :lol:

Pryuen, do you think I paid for the videos?
Registration is requried, but no money is involved.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
SINOBBALL

MY KUDO TO THE EXCELLENT TRANSLATION.

I remembered reading the Chinese transcript earlier from the Phoenix TV website (from the link you gave). This time I just read your translation without referring to the original.

YOUR TRANSLATION IS JUST SO EXACT AND ACCURATE !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I DON'T THINK I CAN BE THAT GOOD !!!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
sinobball, thank you! More kudos to you!

Quote:
Xu: He found out who you were only after he saw your autograph, right?
Yao: Yes, I think so. I went home and I told mom, someone asked my autograph, and she asked “how did you sign it?” I said I wrote it very neatly. “No,” she said, “you have to write it in cursive writing, that’s the rule of signing an autograph.”

I really like Yao Ming's mother. Now we know why YM has such good sense of humor. I love my mother but she is very strict. :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
Yao Ming life has shine after he joined the NBA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He teammates seem him a bit different now... MVP :?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:03 pm
Sinobball

DID YOU SEE THE PART II OF OLIVIA XU'S INTERVIEW WITH YAO MING ???

I missed it completely on Sunday for watching soccer. I missed its re-run again on Monday morning for over-sleeping !!!

Guess I need to mark it down on my diary for watching its 2nd re-run this Thursday (September 4) at 14:30pm !!!

Offline Profile