<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming's interview with Sally Wu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:35 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
xraymom wrote:
Pryuen, I think you're getting spoiled. I can remember a time not so long ago when it was just you doing the translations! Maybe all of ya'll should get together and divide it up! (Look at how pushy I've become! Think I'm the one getting spoiled!!! :oops:

XrayMom

IT'S NOT THAT I GOT SPOILED OR BEING LAZY !!!!! :shock: 8) :P :roll: :oops:

But when it comes to word-by-word, line-by-line translation, and particularly on daily colloquial/conversational Chinese, I think both Sinobball and Oolong48 are handling those translation MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN I DID.

IF YOU DON'T TRUST ME, SEEK THE OPINION FROM SOME OF THE OTHER POSTERS ON THIS FORUM WHO CAN UNDERSTAND CHINESE !!!!
:shock: :shock: 8) 8) :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:33 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
You know I'm just picking on you, Pry. I sincerely thank all of the posters who give up their time to keep us informed. :D If I'd known I was going to go nuts for a giant from China, I'd have learned to read Chinese myself (yeah,right... I'm from Texas... I barely speak English!)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
sinobball,

do you work as a translator or reporter? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for taking your time to translate word by word :P :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:35 pm
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
sinobball wrote:
Yao: But my parents didn’t force me to do this, they just hoped I didn’t get out of control after school and after I finished homework, so they made me play basketball.

Same here. When I was young, my father constantly encouraged me to refine my artistic skills and play basketball and volleyball. That's part of the reason why I have never defiled my systems with cigarettes and illicit drugs.

sinobball wrote:
Yao: I also ardently dreamt of being a paleontologist, to explore everywhere. It was just a little tiresome to go into caves.

That's hilarious. Yao as a paleontologist with khaki shorts and tiny brushes.

sinobball wrote:
Yao: He was saying if Yao Ming could score 19 points, he would kiss a donkey’s *****...I really had a strong initiative (to score more), I thought: I’ll give you something to enjoy.

Ha Ha Ha. Yes Chucky. Savor the aroma of *****.

sinobball wrote:
I have to forewarn you before you go on to read my dreadful translation.

Sinobball, there is nothing wrong with your English bro. It's very good. Are you a college student?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
YaoMingLoyalist wrote:
sinobball,

do you work as a translator or reporter?

Do I look like one to you?

I just want to practice my English writing skills, that's why I translate this article. Last year I wanted to practice my English reading skills, so I regularly translate English articles to Chinese and publish them in Chinese forums. But they were related to Chinese basketball too.

Offline Profile