<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  helping the poor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 349Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:06 pm
I hope Yao Ming can set up a fund to help the poor people in China, such as those very poor rural kids whose family can not afford the education fee.

I have no right to blame Yao Ming if he doesn't do this. But if I were Yao Ming, I would donate like crazy to help the poor people in China and use the celebrity status to exert more positive influence in today's China.

I think Mutombo is the role model for Yao Ming to follow. Yao Ming could do something that make me feel even more proud of than scoring 20 points per game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
cmbchwang wrote:
I hope Yao Ming can set up a fund to help the poor people in China, such as those very poor rural kids whose family can not afford the education fee.

I have no right to blame Yao Ming if he doesn't do this. But if I were Yao Ming, I would donate like crazy to help the poor people in China and use the celebrity status to exert more positive influence in today's China.

I think Mutombo is the role model for Yao Ming to follow. Yao Ming could do something that make me feel even more proud of than scoring 20 points per game.

Their is just so much Yao can do. He did donate blood, and built a basketball court for people to play on in China.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:08 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
yao has done quite some charity work.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:52 am
can Yao donate sperms 2?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:15 am
User avatarPosts: 349Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:06 pm
For Yao Ming, the single success in NBA is already a huge contribution to China. I would never argue Yao Ming has already done a lot for the Chinese people.

But honestly, I believe he can do more. I don't think donating several million bucks will affect his future life, and Team Yao could help him set up a foundation like Mutombo's. Yao has such a large impact on young people, he could make a generation of Chinese to be more caring. Once again, I won't complain if he does nothing of what I mentioned, but I would be a little disappointed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:18 am
I believe Yao has a kind heart. Maybe Yao will do more charity works after he retire. Maybe he's doing as anonymous. So, let Yao pick his time and his spot and his way.

There should already be a lineup on Yao's doorsteps for people ask for his donations.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 1042Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:57 pm
That's not Yao Ming's job. The Chinese govt. has $900 billion in reserves. They could do something about it instead of loaning $250 billion to the US govt.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:08 am
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Yao already help out a lot with the poor and the AIDS/SARS patients

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:17 am
User avatarPosts: 1042Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:57 pm
Ping Ni wrote:
Yao already help out a lot with the poor and the AIDS/SARS patients

Yao don't need to give his money to anyone except the chinese govt for taxes. There are other people in China much much richer than Yao. Li Ka-Shing the richest man in Asia has US$20 billion, he has a real close relationship with the chinese military.

Offline Profile