<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao's recent interview with Sohu.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
I was baffled by that dialog too. Did you notice I stopped right before that dialog!

Sometimes Yao doesn't answer questions like in a test, and sometimes he can be contradictory in his words. But it's not some official statement, we don't have to be too exact.

Thank you for finishing it off though, I thought you were sleeping!
Do you really have serious insomnia? It's 4 o'clock in the morning in HK! Oolong has left like 4 hours ago!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Well, he always said he was a Yaomingmanic Insomniac... now I believe him! Sinoball, are you in the states, or are you a night owl, too?
I really wish you'd take a stab at that car analogy, but I guess I've demanded enough for one day!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:01 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
Thanks for translation, it is really really long :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
with so many questions and answers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:19 pm
Xraymom: I'm in the States. My Yaomingmania symptoms are not as serious as Pryuens.

Pryuen, Oolong, Carayip, and other friends in Hong Kong and Asia:
I think you guys can download the Yao Ming interview video by Sally Wu (Wu Xiaoli) here for free
http://www.phoenixtv.com:8086/fhkp/sing ... rrchid=515
I can't register because I'm without a residence ID.

And also if you check here
http://www.phoenixtv.com:8086/fhkp/cate ... rrchid=494
Xu Gehui (Olivia Xu) is doing another interview of Yao Ming, which should air Aug 24 at 8:30pm in Hong Kong (Maybe people in China and Taiwan can also watch it? I'm not sure)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 54Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:30 pm
Thanks SinoBall and Pryuen. Without you guys and a few others, this board would be a bunch of people sitting around scratching their ***** asking each other questions that would never be answered. It would be YaoMingMania Discussion Board - Let's Play Pretend and What If or Anyone Found Something Out Yet. Just kidding.

Actually, if you guys don't mind me asking, what do you two do in real life anyways? I'm just saying you seem to have a lot of time to spend on Yao board which is not bad at all. :P

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
cough...cough, :oops: hi Slimpouch, I know you've been away for a while. I posted some translations about a CCTV interview of Yao. If you're interested, you can look for it in this link:
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... 02&start=0

And to sinobball & pryuen,
Great job! Compare to you guys, my translation seems like a school work waiting to be corrected. :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:29 pm
Site AdminPosts: 467Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:32 am
Indeed, those guys are awesome. Thanks for all your hard work pryuen and sinobball! Your dedication reminds me of what I go through when Yao plays NBA games and I cover him through the Latest Summary and Detailed Yao Analysis. And I know it isn't easy to do, especially with a full-time job and family demands!

Take care,
John

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:15 pm
Posts: 188Location: San DiegoJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:47 pm
Xraymom, my Chinese isn't that great, but after reading through the interview, I believe Yao said he was SURE the Rockets will make the playoffs this upcoming season...but somebody confirm this!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Alibaba wrote:
Xraymom, my Chinese isn't that great, but after reading through the interview, I believe Yao said he was SURE the Rockets will make the playoffs this upcoming season...but somebody confirm this!

HE DID SHOW HE HAD THAT CONFIDENCE !!!!

[color=darkblue][i][b]XrayMom, Alibaba was correct; this is in the beginning of the interview, when Yao was asked when he thinks he will get his first championship ring.

Ask: In how many years will you champ the NBA?
Yao: This is hard to answer, but we

Offline Profile