<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  If Yao was charged with a heinous crime, how would u react?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 971Location: New York & PhilippinesJoined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:17 pm
A heinous crime or just something scandalous?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:41 pm
i'd rally to his support demanding his innocence. Like how the black ppl got behind OJ and the jews got behind Kadane. We got to get behind our brodas if they get in a mess!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:39 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
But the difference there is that OJ did it, and Yao would never!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:07 pm
its definitely not likely that yao ming would be involved in that type of thing. But then again, we are all human, we all have carnal desires that at times do get the best of us.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
Cipherous wrote:
Lets say if Yao was charged with hitting his girlfriend or caught having an affair with some stripper, would you guys still like him?

stupid question I know but just want opinions.

are those crimes????

jeeeez, Yao is a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and he is not perfect

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:16 pm
actaully, a promiscous yello man who gets alot bimbo bootee would really break some stereotypes and foster some yello pride

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:15 am
Chuck__187 wrote:
actaully, a promiscous yello man who gets alot bimbo bootee would really break some stereotypes and foster some yello pride

It is okay if Bateer breaks some stereotypes and gains some pride by becoming prosmiscous but sure we don't want to see Yao make those mistakes. Bateer is a big macho man.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:47 am
hahah yeah, bateer seems more the type
heck, he might already be, but none knows cos the media aint scrutinising him as much.. unless he rapes someone like a tyson

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
I don't understand why you guys make fun of Bateer. Bateer is a minority in China, a Mongolian, he drinks beer and eats mutton, but he's very family-oriented. When he first was selected to the NT, he occasionally ran back home with a motorcycle he lent (that's a LONG way ride) to the prairie in Inner Mongolia. Everytime the NT discovers he's missing, they go to his house and discovers him there. He misses his parents every time. He then married his wife despite an age difference of 10 years (don't get me wrong, his wife is older), and loves the children his wife brought from a previous marriage. He converted to Islam because his wife is one (hey, nothing wrong with Muslims). When he first came to the US, he decided to wear the number "27", which sounds a little like "son and wife" when read in Chinese. The next year, despite knowing he would be late for regular season and to be put in the injury list (he could have come early with Yao Ming), he decided to wait and get visas for his wife and a daughter (which is not even his, he left his child in China). He also set up a foundation to support basketball in his homeland Inner Mongolia. I know you guys probably didn't mean it, but hey, next time, be prudent before you make assertions like these.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:00 pm
sinobball wrote:
I don't understand why you guys make fun of Bateer. Bateer is a minority in China, a Mongolian, he drinks beer and eats mutton, but he's very family-oriented. When he first was selected to the NT, he occasionally ran back home with a motorcycle he lent (that's a LONG way ride) to the prairie in Inner Mongolia. Everytime the NT discovers he's missing, they go to his house and discovers him there. He misses his parents every time. He then married his wife despite an age difference of 10 years (don't get me wrong, his wife is older), and loves the children his wife brought from a previous marriage. He converted to Islam because his wife is one (hey, nothing wrong with Muslims). When he first came to the US, he decided to wear the number "27", which sounds a little like "son and wife" when read in Chinese. The next year, despite knowing he would be late for regular season and to be put in the injury list (he could have come early with Yao Ming), he decided to wait and get visas for his wife and a daughter (which is not even his, he left his child in China). He also set up a foundation to support basketball in his homeland Inner Mongolia. I know you guys probably didn't mean it, but hey, next time, be prudent before you make assertions like these.

Bateer should be having more kids so that his tall genes can passed to his children. We were just kidding about Bateer, no harm was intended.

Offline Profile