<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  what if yao wasnt chinese/asian?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:28 pm
Posts: 1110Location: new york cityJoined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:53 am
PaidInFull wrote:
mikej230 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
PaidInFull wrote:
We should not allow non-US citizens into these labs.

LOL You'd lose more than half the staff in your labs.

and don't forget to purge all the graduate departments of top US universities. let's see who's left to do all the research.

Actually Chinese make up 14% of postdocs in the US. Indians make up 6%. Together they make up a good number of engineering and science postdocs. When it comes to scientific innovation the US is #1 far ahead of India or China. What western students (from US, Canada, and Western Europe) possess that Chinese (from the mainland) seem to lack is creative thinking or the ability to think outside the box. They can't think for themselves. It's all about study, study, study and memorization.

I'll make this very short and to the point. don't BS me or the members of this board.

either you're clueless about graduate research or making ****** up.

PaidInFull wrote:
It's because they've always been told what to do by the gov or whoever. They've been fed one single viewpoint of the world and when you try to teach them to be more open minded they don't know what to do. It's a cultural thing. Until there's political reform in China which will lead to education reform this single mindedness won't change.

you should really listen to your own advice. what you just said is a perfect description of yourself! peace.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:41 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
"what if Yao wasn't asian?"

I dont' know let me look into my crystal ball or just make a random guess. Yao isn't using his race as an excuse. You shouldn't either.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 424Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:01 am
CHINA...

If it wasnt for the cultural revolution and the communist govt CHINA today would be the second most powerful economic and military power in the world !!!

Im no fan of the government and there is no excuse to murder your own people with tanks ..... no justifying that ... as its not civilised

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:39 am
User avatarPosts: 291Location: NYCJoined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:13 pm
KMAV23 wrote:
CHINA...

If it wasnt for the cultural revolution and the communist govt CHINA today would be the second most powerful economic and military power in the world !!!

Im no fan of the government and there is no excuse to murder your own people with tanks ..... no justifying that ... as its not civilised

That being said, gladiator is part of Roman civilization, and so does those Abramsons running in Iraq these days?

Offline Profile