<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  what if yao wasnt chinese/asian?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
PaidInFull wrote:
However there does seem to be a minority some on this site who's loyalty lies elsewhere.

Yeah.......we do have someone ....a fr@aking self-claimed White American on this site, who continued to bad-mouth EVERYTHING about Chinese/China , but could be himself a sellout, who can post in Chinese pinyin and understand Chinese. And he talked about loyalty....

Arrrrrrrrh......WHAT A SELLOUT & HYPOCRITE !!!
:shock: :evil: :x :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:28 pm
I don't know if PaidInFull speaks Chinese, but I do, quite fluently. Yet, I don't have a favorable view of China, but I do of Taiwan. if China was a democracy that allowed their people to speak their minds and choose their own leaders, my views would probably change. Right now, China's dangerous because there's no opposition to the CCP. What if the PLA becomes so strong that it actually plays a bigger role in China's policies than the CCP? That's when all hell would break loose in Taiwan, the South China Sea, and elsewhere in Asia. Either democratize or face war. That's how I view the situation, although I hate to sound like a doomsday sayist. We've been waiting for China to democratize for over 20 years; hoping that it's economic liberalization would lead to democracy, but the CCP hasn't even made the slightest of policy changes to allow its citizens more freedom of speech. Yeah, there been capitalist reforms that have worked, but there's been no political reform, which leaves one party in power with no opposition to its rule. You want to unite with Taiwan, it's not going to happen peacefully under the CCP. You had a chance to reform in '89 and the fascists won, unfortunately. Now, you can't even mention the word "democracy" on the internet in China. If you don't stand up to the CCP, you'll never see the freedoms the Chinese people rightfully deserve. I will always go back to Taiwan, but never to China, until its political liberalization.

baowei meiguo, cong wo zuo qi!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Joey85 wrote:
I don't know if PaidInFull speaks Chinese, but I do, quite fluently. baowei meiguo, cong wo zuo qi! 保卫美国,从我做起

I sometimes wonder how it felt logging on and off alternatively on a basketball forum as different personalities to talk SH!T, but at the same time try to put on a different mask and pretend to be a different person.

You don't need to pretend, Joey85. EVERYONE knows now you and PaidInFull are the SAME person. And you ain't a White American with all kind of mixed European bloods (Spanish/German/Italian/English/Serbian) that can speak fluent Chinese.........You're just a SELLOUT Chinese that just d@ssed and bashed EVERYTHING about China/Chinese. :shock: :evil: :x :twisted:

And USA does not need your protection......
as USA can protect herself, as Uncle Sam is still the most powerful hegemony in this world with the biggest military spending and number of nuclear heads/missiles.
:twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
i begin to feel it's very amusing to read joey85's threads now :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:42 pm
Joey85, I don't know if you're PaidInFull's alter ego or not, but atleast you seem intelligible. At any rate, I have a difference of opinion.

I am no fan of authoritarian government, but some things have to be looked at more deeply than the way you see it.

First of all, 1989, Tiananmen was appropriately shut down in my mind. Why? Tt was going out of control. Did you know numerous concessions were made to the students prior to the crackdown? Did you that the demonstration was totally disorganized? There were competing factions within the student demonstration body? Everytime agreements were made between government and certain leaders of the protesters, the demonstration would continue with completely different groups of protest leaders coming forward to make some of the same demands that had already been agreed to and some other different demands? There was basically a breakdown of communication or organization. Tiananmen may or may not have resulted in "democracy". But it was definitely heading toward anarchy. Can you imagine political anarchy and the total immediate collapse of the government of a country with 1.3 billion people. Do you know how much destruction and chaos can come from that? Do you know how long it would take for the country to recover if it ever were to recover? Have you thought of the impact that could have had on the surrounding countries as well as the rest of the world economically and politically? Do you know what happened to Russia after the "glorious" perestroika? Think economic meltdown, political chaos, mafia rule, collapsed social welfare programs, rampant sex trade of women and children, to name a few. In China, that could be multiplied by a hundred times maybe because of the size of the population? That's all I'm going to say about Tiananmen.

And I'm not going to say much else with regard to your statements. I'll just say that the CCP is (has become) more organized, more stable, more practical, more level headed, more benign toward its people than any western government, or media, or person could ever admit? 300-400 million people lifted out of poverty in a matter of 2 decades. What 3rd world country can claim that? Tell me. For that matter, how many 3rd world countries have effectively moved out of the 3rd world. And to think that China was able to do this despite 20 years of US lead economic and political embargo by the world.

Also, the "miraculous democracy" of Taiwan, who was supposed to be a close ally of the US, was complete military dictatorship for how long?????? What 40 years. How long has it been a democracy? What? 15!? And Taiwan is a dinkly little entity, with decades of generous economic, military, and political support from the wealthiest countries in the world. No comparison whatsoever.

And how about the US? This glorious "democracy". How long has it been a democracy? 200 years? Try 40 years. When did women get to vote? When did Blacks and non-Caucasians get to vote? When were they allow to use the same public/private facility as non-whites? How about the same school? Not even the same drinking fountain!!!!!

Think about this? Why is it that almost all of the 1st world countries are former recent empires. The rest, which is most of it, is starving, dying from disease, selling its women and children in prostitution. The exception? S. Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan (if you count Taiwan as a country). Dinky little entities with no military power whatsoever. Do you think that that is a total coincidence?
The fact that China has become as successful (modest thought it still is) is no small feat. Certainly, not something accomplishable by irrational, incompetent, completely corrupt leaders. The fact that China is still a communist country and the CCP is still in power is a total thorn on the side of the US. Actually, it's kind of embarrassing. Not only could it not be toppled, as was the case of the mighty USSR. But it's actually thriving and there is no imminent sight of the CCP's collapse. You don't think the US government doesn't go for every opportunity available to right this "wrong". The whole western world, but especially the US need to do some honest reflection about history. Actually, it has to study it first, I forgot. The propanda, the deception, the half-truths, the brain washing has gone on for a very time.

Also, what is freedom? What is true freedom? Do you know? Do the people who throw this word around several times in a sentence really know what freedom is? That's a rhetorical question.

Again, I wish all the best for China and its people. And I wish all the best for the US and its people. But when it comes to fact, history, you have to be objective about it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
PaidInFull wrote:
3500 Chinese front companies working in the US spying for China. That's scary.

Really? Well now if that's true, how come the US Govt hasn't shut these front companies down?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:04 am
PaidInFull wrote:
And how many of these foreigners are Chinese citizens?

I can not comment on foreigners who became Chinese citizens because I don't know enough. But I do know a few Foreigners who hold dual citizenship in Hong Kong.

PaidInFull wrote:
And how many foreign nationals work in China as compared to the US, Canada or the UK? We're talking thousands compared to millions.

True.

PaidInFull wrote:
Also foreigners cannot become Chinese citizens and you're easily spotted because it's a homogenous society. Could you imaging some white guy saying he's a Chinese citizen?

Yes, I can imagine because I know one personally. Yes, it is weird but it does exist (while in small number in China). What is your point?

PaidInFull wrote:
Another problem is foreign nationals working in China are easily tracked by the CCP.

I think this is good. Why do you think this is a problem?

PaidInFull wrote:
We should not allow non-US citizens into these labs.

Then go and ask your senators and congressmen and pass a bill to establish this law..

If this happens, I would imagine that at least 30-40% of US's lab would have to be closed or forced to consolidate or shrink dramatically.

On the other hands, these highly talented Chinese researchers would now have no choice but to go back to China. I think this is great.

So exceptional point by you and I totally agree with you, go and talk to the congressmen please. Excellent idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
PaidInFull wrote:

LOL You'd lose more than half the staff in your labs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:46 am
Posts: 1110Location: new york cityJoined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:53 am
HarmLess wrote:
PaidInFull wrote:

and don't forget to purge all the graduate departments of top US universities. let's see who's left to do all the research.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 178Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:22 am
mikej230 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
PaidInFull wrote:

and don't forget to purge all the graduate departments of top US universities. let's see who's left to do all the research.

Actually Chinese make up 14% of postdocs in the US. Indians make up 6%. Together they make up a good number of engineering and science postdocs. When it comes to scientific innovation the US is #1 far ahead of India or China. What western students (from US, Canada, and Western Europe) possess that Chinese (from the mainland) seem to lack is creative thinking or the ability to think outside the box. They can't think for themselves. It's all about study, study, study and memorization. It's because they've always been told what to do by the gov or whoever. They've been fed one single viewpoint of the world and when you try to teach them to be more open minded they don't know what to do. It's a cultural thing. Until there's political reform in China which will lead to education reform this single mindedness won't change.

Offline Profile