<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  what if yao wasnt chinese/asian?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:39 pm
Posts: 326Location: bayareasfJoined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:34 pm
obviously, there is alot of yao fans...this site is dedicated to him......but seriously, how would yaw rate his skills if he wasnt chinese? would you still be a fan, would you still think hes one of the top center???? i always liked yao mainly because hes chinese... but truthfully, we all know he isnt that good. overrated, slow, weak in the paint, cant rebound consistantly, and hes 7'6"!! dwight howard served him today. i officially hopped off his bandwagon. now that i think about it, i just thought it was cool to have some chinese baller in the nba for once thats it. i was never his fan.

but!!! in the beginning of the houston vs portland game last season where yao put the ball behind his back on a fast break was AMZING!!

who knows, maybe im just a hypocrit wholl hop back on his wagon if he takes the rocks to the promised land.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
jungle wrote:
obviously, there is alot of yao fans...this site is dedicated to him......but seriously, how would yaw rate his skills if he wasnt chinese? would you still be a fan, would you still think hes one of the top center???? i always liked yao mainly because hes chinese... but truthfully, we all know he isnt that good. overrated, slow, weak in the paint, cant rebound consistantly, and hes 7'6"!! dwight howard served him today. i officially hopped off his bandwagon. now that i think about it, i just thought it was cool to have some chinese baller in the nba for once thats it. i was never his fan.

but!!! in the beginning of the houston vs portland game last season where yao put the ball behind his back on a fast break was AMZING!!

who knows, maybe im just a hypocrit wholl hop back on his wagon if he takes the rocks to the promised land.

You hopped off because yao got his shot blocked by Dwight Howard? a 6-10 athletic freak who could kiss the rim when he jumps?

How shallow can you get?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:52 pm
if he wasn't Chinese, I wouldn't eve have a look at him whether on TV or newspaper....

TO be honest, with just the HEIGHT and HYPE, no brilliant skills, no beautiful shoot, no powerful dunk, no leadership, no crushing time shot, no anger, no passion, no enough shots to carry team to win, no enough rebounds nor blocks according to his height....I don't understand why I waste my precious time infrontof TV, just bcoz he is CHINESE.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
HarmLess wrote:
jungle wrote:

You hopped off because yao got his shot blocked by Dwight Howard? a 6-10 athletic freak who could kiss the rim when he jumps?

How shallow can you get?

I could not say it BETTER than you, Harmless.

Jungle,

Dwight Howard
blocked Yao Ming twice. But I think Yao Ming had 4 blocks tonight..... and if I'm not mistaken, 2 of those were on Howard too.
So BIG DEAL on Howard's 2 blocks on Yao Ming.

Maybe that's what I called fair-weather "fans" ????
:roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
How many fans of Yao would there be if he was black or white, but played the exact same way?

As a Rockets fan, I certainly would be, but who else?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:55 pm
Posts: 326Location: bayareasfJoined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:34 pm
not just that. yao is suppose to be the 2nd best center in the league.. even a franchise player.. but from watching yao play w/o the helpof tmac is just demoralizing. theyve lost to a bunch of below avg teams while they are considered title contenders. i mean, so what if tmac is injured. even if you dont have one of your best players, as title contenders, i would think yao wouild be veteran enough to get the teams win w/o mac. it wasnt like they were playing playoff contenders..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
1China wrote:
if he wasn't Chinese, I wouldn't eve have a look at him whether on TV or newspaper....

TO be honest, with just the HEIGHT and HYPE, no brilliant skills, no beautiful shoot, no powerful dunk, no leadership, no crushing time shot, no anger, no passion, no enough shots to carry team to win, no enough rebounds nor blocks according to his height....I don't understand why I waste my precious time infrontof TV, just bcoz he is CHINESE.....

NO ONE asked you to come here to continue d@ssing and bashing him.

So you can disappear and get lost into the wilderness. Certified Yao Hei.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:59 pm
pryuen wrote:
1China wrote:

NO ONE asked you to come here to continue d@ssing and bashing him.

So you can disappear and get lost into the wilderness. Certified Yao Hei.

to Jungle, as u said, if YAO was just some black, one thing for sure, we will not see some HKnese like pryuen jumping all over the space just to cheat ppl how great YAO @ss is and how much he is in love with that one....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:01 pm
1China wrote:
I don't understand why I waste my precious time infrontof TV, just bcoz he is CHINESE.....[/b]

what the hell are you talking about?

you spend all your time making new screenames and trolling the internet for hours a day

then you're wondering about "wasting" your "precious" time on yao?

you might be wasting your time on yao but from all indicators that's the most constructive thing you're actually doing

you are sad. but it's got nothing to do with yao, although obviously you're being such a wretch affects how you see yao.

embarassments like you make me glad i am not chinese

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
u were probably never a yao fan to begin with, i know i'm a die hard fan, i don't see how i can get unhooked. partly because he's chinese, partly because of his skills, and partly because of the person that he is.

Offline Profile