<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  The motto for yaomingmania.com's member?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 397Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:17 pm
RedDragon wrote:
If everyone settles on that motto, I will shrink my name and add "YaoMingMania.com."

I think that is a great idea!

I vote for this one!

PS: Can you also try to include the word "limitless"? Will it look too busy?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:53 pm
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
Thanks Yun. Instead of "limitless," what about "eternal" and "infinite." I have read the suggestions and I'll make some changes next week.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:30 pm
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
mk47 wrote:
Are you a graphic designer for a computer company?

No, I'm just a regular college student who really loves art.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
We should set a date to vote after John tell us about the legal thing. I really want to include the yaomingmania.com into it! 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:17 pm
RedDragon wrote:
Thanks Yun. Instead of "limitless," what about "eternal" and "infinite." I have read the suggestions and I'll make some changes next week.

English is my second language so I do not know much about the difference between those words.

To me I feel like "eternal and infinite" describes "Tao" but "limitless" or "no limit" is more the describing of "Yao" (in term of his skills).

Whatever, you like, it is fine with me. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:40 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
OOLONG48 wrote:
We should set a date to vote after John tell us about the legal thing. I really want to include the yaomingmania.com into it! 8)

I do, too. It would be a shame not to, but we certainly don't want to get John in trouble. Let's just hope for the best!
As for "limitless" over "eternal", I agree with Yun. It kind of goes along with our feelings for Yao's limmitless possibilities. Of course, keping it simply "the Tao of Yao" is fine by me. I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the first game :D !
I'm going to have "xray" embroidered on the sleeve, maybe.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:22 pm
Hey, I just noticed how the basketball in the graphic reminds me of one of Yao's legendary "didyouseethat?" passes! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:09 pm
xraymom wrote:
OOLONG48 wrote:

I do, too. It would be a shame not to, but we certainly don't want to get John in trouble. Let's just hope for the best!
As for "limitless" over "eternal", I agree with Yun. It kind of goes along with our feelings for Yao's limmitless possibilities. Of course, keping it simply "the Tao of Yao" is fine by me. I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the first game :D !
I'm going to have "xray" embroidered on the sleeve, maybe.

Hey! Are you in Houston?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:58 am
i am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:09 pm
yup. born and raised. I only made it to one game last year, but I've been saving for this season. Actually, I prefer to watch the games at home, because I can see everything better, and I need the announcers to explain sometimes. Maybe instead of making to more games, I'll just sink the money into one floor ticket! Look for a screaming blonde with a Tao of Yao jacket on! :D

Offline Profile