<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  The motto for yaomingmania.com's member?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:03 am
User avatarPosts: 206Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:20 pm
RedDragon wrote:
I also like "The Tao of Yao." This is my design for that motto:

Are you a graphic designer for a computer company?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:25 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
To RD,

I like both your version of mastercard idea and the design. But I think the design lacks the yaomingmania.com factor. Why not put it on the top? Remember, it's for us, the yaomingmania posters! 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:08 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
well, remember, we can't do anything until John figures out the legalities. But as far as the motto goes... do we have a winner?
Oh, and I forgot to mention the awsome graphic. You definately have some skills, RD!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:30 pm
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
Thanks Pryuen, Mandara, Oolong, and Xraymom! Ha Ha. Most of my artwork contains the Chinese character for "Chen," my surname. I am a young and arrogant artist. No, I'm just a regular college student who really loves art. By the way, did you guys notice that it is a modified Yin Yang symbol? The Yin Yang symbol is very important in Taoism.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
RedDragon wrote:
By the way, did you guys notice that it is a modified Yin Yang symbol? The Yin Yang symbol is very important in Taoism.

OF COURSE !!!!

The idea of blending the image of the national flag and the basketball into the Yin Yang symbol was JUST GREAT , as it tied everything together and stuck out the theme of the Tao of Yao.

Well, the Yin Yang symbol is there in the South Korea's flag too !!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Of course we noticed! That was the coolest part!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:58 pm
If everyone settles on that motto, I will shrink my name and add "YaoMingMania.com."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
RedDragon wrote:
If everyone settles on that motto, I will shrink my name and add "YaoMingMania.com."

RD

Well I think we don't mind you keeping your "Chen" surname on the motto. Maybe a very small "Chen" character at the right hand bottom of the motto to signify your proprietariness of the motto design.

YEAH..... GET THE YAOMINGMANIA.COM THING INTO THE GRAPHIC, AND LET'S REVIEW THE RESULT !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:13 pm
pryuen wrote:
Well I think we don't mind you keeping your "Chen" surname on the motto. Maybe a very small "Chen" character at the right hand bottom of the motto to signify your proprietariness of the motto design.

That's exactly what I was thinking :).

pryuen wrote:
YEAH..... GET THE YAOMINGMANIA.COM THING INTO THE GRAPHIC, AND LET'S REVIEW THE RESULT !!!!

I can't make any changes right now. My computer's completely busted up. I am using my brother's computer and it doesn't have Photoshop :(.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 397Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:17 pm
RedDragon wrote:
Thanks Pryuen, Mandara, Oolong, and Xraymom! Ha Ha. Most of my artwork contains the Chinese character for "Chen," my surname. I am a young and arrogant artist. No, I'm just a regular college student who really loves art. By the way, did you guys notice that it is a modified Yin Yang symbol? The Yin Yang symbol is very important in Taoism.

Yep! I think it is cool because of that!!!
:D

Offline Profile