<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming is a Super Fan of Zhang Liangying ???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:10 pm
d.wang wrote:
Even though she's pretty, does Yao know what kind of person she is? That's more important IMO.

I think Yao likes her as a singer/star/idol. He's not trying to date her or anything.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:45 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
quite a few chinese celebrities, including movie stars and pop singers, are her fans. it's no strange yao likes her.

she's a so so girl without make up. yao must like her singing, not her look.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
seiya wrote:
quite a few chinese celebrities, including movie stars and pop singers, are her fans. it's no strange yao likes her.

YUP...... and she got great voice too. IMHO she is prettier than and has a voice better than Li Yuchun. The ONLY reason she lost could be in fact she is rather plain, i.e. not much make-up, and not like the ambigious neutral-sex look of Li Yuchun, and that most of the songs she sang throughout the SuperGirl contest were English songs, not easily understood by the audiences....and she seldom danced like other contestants were, just singing with her soul, which made her performance looked ordinary when compared to those Latin-beat fast-tempo songs of Li Yuchun.

To get a feel of her voice, the following video is what I've found over the Internet.

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:25 pm
Wow, pretty good. I thought she was lip syncing, but she isn't. Nice deeeeep voice. Almost Mutombo style. (j/k)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Wow, she sound like she have no Chinese accent at all. :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm
Quote:
Wow, she sound like she have no Chinese accent at all.

Usually, when people sing, they lose a lot of their accent. When the Beatles sang, you hardly hear their British accent.

By the way, I feel that her performance of
Don't Cry For Me Argentina was better than Madonna's.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:57 pm
Here's a video of her singing Don't Cry For Me Argentina:

http://vod.chinahao.net/dcfma.rm

I still like her Chinese songs better.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:33 am
she would have won, if it was a talent show, she had the best voice out of the whole competition, but its a popularity contest which like pry said she lost out to yao's sister ^^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:07 am
User avatarPosts: 421Location: midwestJoined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:32 am
lost yao's sister? is this contest like american idol or something? btw she is not that good looking.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:32 pm
pryuen wrote:
seiya wrote:

YUP...... and she got great voice too. IMHO she is prettier than and has a voice better than Li Yuchun. The ONLY reason she lost could be in fact she is rather plain, i.e. not much make-up, and not like the ambigious neutral-sex look of Li Yuchun, and that most of the songs she sang throughout the SuperGirl contest were English songs, not easily understood by the audiences....and she seldom danced like other contestants were, just singing with her soul, which made her performance looked ordinary when compared to those Latin-beat fast-tempo songs of Li Yuchun.

To get a feel of her voice, the following video is what I've found over the Internet.

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

She is really pretty!

Offline Profile