<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  YAO DONATES BLOOD!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:42 am
User avatarPosts: 455Location: northern virgina / D.CJoined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:46 pm
on yahoo it says yao donated blood to promote the awareness for hematopoietic stem cells, or bone marrows to chinese college students!! :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:14 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
duplicate thread :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:16 am
Y'all got to read first before you post a thread.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:46 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
va yao fan 6 wrote:
on yahoo it says yao donated blood to promote the awareness for hematopoietic stem cells, or bone marrows to chinese college students!! :shock:

Go and read about this...... :roll: :oops: :wink:

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... ht=#207708

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:27 am
u should never ever give blood - unless ofcourse its going to be imeniently used

because it is only an unnecessary risk of getting dieases like HIV. A couple years ago a gilr over here in australia got AIDS from giving blood. Some reward for her kindness. I feel so bad for her and so angry at the blood suckers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:42 am
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Chuck__187 wrote:
u should never ever give blood - unless ofcourse its going to be imeniently used

because it is only an unnecessary risk of getting dieases like HIV. A couple years ago a gilr over here in australia got AIDS from giving blood. Some reward for her kindness. I feel so bad for her and so angry at the blood suckers.

You wouldn't feel that when you are the one needing the blood.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:48 am
I got my own blood bank, plus one of my relatives would donate for me (and i'******* the same).

But otherwise, its simply an unnecessary risk.

plus i'd rather die of bleeding than of HIV.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:40 am
Chuck__187 wrote:

Don't be ignorant!
You can't get AIDS from giving blood unless you share a needle with someone who had AIDS.
Giving blood and bone marrow to save a life is a great gift!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Rootcanal wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:

Don't be ignorant!
You can't get AIDS from giving blood unless you share a needle with someone who had AIDS.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, how did she get Aids from giving blood.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:00 pm
Ping Ni wrote:
Rootcanal wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:

Don't be ignorant!

Yeah, I was wondering about that, how did she get Aids from giving blood.
As far as I know you cannot get Aids from donating blood. I was an HIV educater at the correctional facility where I was employed. It is possible to get infected by a needle used by someone else and then used on you but health care workers are supposed to use clean needles when doing blood donations and usually you see the health care worker open a package containing an unused needle right in front of you. The situation that Chuck 187 describes is rare and very sad. donating blood is supposed to be safe.

Offline Profile