<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Mings Weight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:27 am
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
superjohn wrote:
.....Wang is working hard now. At least he is playing in the summer league doing fine.

Wang is playing very well offensively, when he is not guarded.

old habits are hard to break, he put forth minimum effort to defend and rebound. it seems that, invariably, it is WZZ's man that ends up w the rebound; also that his man always gets the easy shots.

it was the same last Summer League. I only wish that he puts forth an honest effort to play defense and rebound---he doesn't even have to be good at it. only when he demonstrate that on the court, will his coach grant him more PT.

btw, J23, re-read my previous comment on WZZ's play. I said he show no inclination to defend---never said that he played horribly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:37 pm
Block you still didn't tell me what game you watched, Wang can take his man off the dribble, I know he didn't show it that much as a Mav but with the clips many of the games he would and this season I think he would use it more. also yes his defense is lacking but also improving, I think we've all agreed on that Big Z ( that's what he's called in China) needs to improve on certain aspects of the game. I just understand why there's so many HATERS OUT THERE< but thanks for the supports of Yao and WAng and Mengke, those are the true believers, and not some people who only support them when they win or do good. OH I watch Wang's game all the time wether it be summer league caught everygame, and clippers as well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Image[/list]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:21 pm
Pryuen.. help! I want to comment on this picture I found on the site, but I cant get it to work! It's a great one that really shows off his upper arms. Here's the address:
http://yaomingmania.com/graphics/03_08_12_postu
the url is p_bateer.jpg
PLEASE DO IT FOR ME!!!! :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:34 pm
xraymom wrote:
Pryuen.. help! I want to comment on this picture I found on the site, but I cant get it to work! It's a great one that really shows off his upper arms. Here's the address:
http://yaomingmania.com/graphics/03_08_12_postu
the url is p_bateer.jpg
PLEASE DO IT FOR ME!!!! :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:11 pm
Thanks, Superjohn! :D I just can't believe the difference. If he's not too tired by then, he's gonna mop the floor with Shaq's butt!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
yao will probably lose some few pounds since china is going thru drought.
I heard the news china's temperature risen. I bet being in china is like being in sauna for yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:25 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Hey Guys & Girls

PICKED THIS NEWS UPDATE TODAY ABOUT YAO MING'S CURRENT WEIGHT. JUST THOUGHT YOU'LL BE INTERESTED TO KNOW !!!! :oops: :oops: :P :P :shock: :shock: 8) 8)

http://sports.sina.com.cn/s/2003-08-17/064726400s.shtml

Following is what this article is all about:-

1. Yao Ming has put on weights and caused concerns that the additional weights on him had affected his mobility and agility as lately reflected in the exhibition series with USBA and Melbourne Tigers.

2. After Yao came back, he had put on additional weights; before Yao Ming played in NBA, he was 130 KG (286 lb). Now he is 145 KG (319 lb), which had exceeded Houston Rockets target !!

3. This made JVG worried and concerned, and immediately dispatched Anthony Falsone, Rockets' Strength and Conditioning Coach, to Beijing to check on Yao Ming's condition.

4. Falsone used to design and gave special tailor-made workshop to Yao Ming to build up Yao Ming's strength, power and stamina in Houston. Before Yao Ming went home, Falsone also passed on a "program" for Yao Ming to follow in order to control his weight.

5. Upon arrival, Falsone discovered that there were no signs of Yao Ming stopping to gain weight. So he immediately demanded Yao Ming to put on a diet program, as well as passing on further recommendations/ instructions to Yao Ming on what next steps of actions or how to prevent injury during competition.

SO YAO MING HAS TO SAY GOODBYE TO HIS FAVORITE STEAKS AND ICE CREAM TO AVOID GAINING MORE WEIGHTS!!!!

MY QUESTION IS: WHAT SHOULD BE THE IDEAL WEIGHT THAT YAO MING SHOULD HAVE ???

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 70Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:37 am
For international baketball games: 305 to 315 pounds
For the NBA games: 320 to 330 pounds

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Hey Guys & Girls

THIS IS GETTING WORRISOME ABOUT YAO MING'S HEALTH !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :x :x :( :( :oops: :oops:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/s/2003-08-19/013628098s.shtml

Following is what this article is all about:-

1. After a 1-month long on-the-road trips and exhibition series with USBA and Melbourne Tigers in 9 different cities, the national team had returned to Beijing and taking rest.

2. Yao Ming also rested, busy in his "diet" program to trim down excess fats/weights. But meanwhile, it was discovered that Yao Ming got symptoms of "high blood pressure".

3. Yao Ming thought it might be due to that he had yet to get adjusted to the last 2 - 3 days of rest days after a long month's hectic pace of activities.

4. The "diet" or weight control program became his daily focus; After Anthony Falsone, Rockets' Strength and Conditioning Coach, had ordered Yao Ming to quit food of high fat contents, Yao had to switch to become a vegetarian and kept himself away from his favorite steaks and ice cream. Yao did not feel good about this all 不爽 !!

5. Falsone had departed Beijing and left Yao Ming with the instructions that he should adhere to the original diet/weight control program he subscibed prior to Yao's return to China. Falsone also told Yao to take sufficient rest to reserve his energy level.

6. Yet, Yao is looking froward eagerly for an exhibition match of the national team with the CBA Champion Bayi Rockets this coming Sunday (August 23) in the city of Tai Yuan 太原市 in Shanxi province 山西省. The Bayi Rockets will send its strongest squad with current national team coach and players ( Adi Jiang, Li Nan, Zhang Jin Song, Fan Bin) to compete with the national team.

WELL, WISH THE "HIGH" BLODD PRESSURE STUFF OF YAO MING WILL GO AWAY SOON, AND LOOK FORWARD TO THIS MATCH OF THE NATIONAL TEAM WITH BAYI ROCKETS !!!!! :shock: :P 8) :D :roll: :lol: :wink: :o :oops:

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile