<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Mings Weight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:01 pm
Oh yeah, Zen seems to know what he's talking about, good looking out. your right his defense is sorely lacking. and rebounding as well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
waterfall_zen wrote:
... A baseline slam, a spin layup. Believe me, he has many nifty moves to the basket, but.... (no defense).

Go Wang!

saw him play in the Summer League last 2 yr. same old story, very good offensive player, nifty moves, when unguarded. shows no inclination to play defense---a coach killer.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:00 pm
Yes i know basketball and ive played basketball. Hes a bigman and he dosent play like it. Hes not nearly agressive enough and dosent do a good job protecting his team's basket. His offense is above where it should be but his all around defensive play is horrible.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:16 pm
Snack thought you didn't know, but take it your somewhat knowing, ok, your absolutely right his defense is missing, I mean like on a milk carton missing but he's improving, I agree with you he needs to improve, but you can see the talent. Oh to the other guy who said Wangs good unguarded true, but he can take you off the dribble too, I've seen him play as well since he was on the National team here in the States, one thing I have to say he's improved every year so let's give him some time, he's got at least 6 or 7 good years left. When Wang learns to finish his moves off I'm telling you he's going to be awesome, let's all wait and see, oh not to mention, he's really beefed up this year as well, can hold his own, he's no Yao Ming, but even batman had robin. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
jordanlee24 wrote:
... he's really beefed up this year as well, can hold his own, ...:)

what exactly did WZZ do in the Summer League that show he can hold his own.

i've seen him play 3 times this month, he is still intimidated by physical contact. probably that's why he shies away from defending his opponents---he wants nothing to do w that brutal physical contact.

in my books, that is THE OPPOSITE of "holding his own"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:56 am
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
WZZ only has the offensive skills not the defensive ones.
He will stay soft on defensive end. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:51 am
Bbbblock did you see the game against the lakers, if you did then you saw him tear there center apart, the guy tried to put full contact on him but he tore a new ***** for that guy to hold on too. he put it down, what games did you see, explain, you honestly thought he was horrible in the summer leagues this year. I thought he held his own, dominated raptors rookie phenom Chris Bosh, even though Bosh is only about a buck 60 but I thought Wang held the paint down. he's not getting pushed around, I don't know how our views could be so different, I was wondering what games you saw this summer league that made you think different I think he had a horrible game let me see against the nuggets that's was his worst game I think he just got to tired, cause it was there last game of the summer leagues and he was basically the only clipper playing. so if you can tell me what games you saw then I'd probably know what your talking about. But on the reals Wangs really a 4 playing a 5 , you know what I mean,

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:39 pm
nicoli(pickle) am i seeing things?did u just say that something about yao is horrible?(Daredevil, )this coming frm the guy that thinks he is yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:29 pm
Mabey wang can be decent starter if he works hard. I dont know much about his work ethic so i cant tell.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:20 pm
Snackbar wrote:
Mabey wang can be decent starter if he works hard. I dont know much about his work ethic so i cant tell.

Wang is working hard now. At least he is playing in the summer league doing fine.

Offline Profile