User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Snackbar wrote:
I admire how you can love such a decent at best player. :) :cry: :wink:

Oh. Snack... I know you're not talking about Yao... :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:32 pm
Snackbar wrote:

WZZ can certainly improve. He did not get a lot of chances to play so how the heck are you going to make a judgement on him?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:36 pm
jordanlee24 wrote:
We all know the man's got tree trunks for legs, but it seems to me that he's lost some upperbody, but does his new pics really look like he's gained some upper body, if so that's great, I'm just worried about his health, gaining weight doesn't always mean losing mobility though, well I appreciate the reply, P.S. am I the only one who misses the basketball season. can't wait to watch yao again.

Yao's body will mature up strongly over the next few years. Amare Staudamire and Lebron James, on the other hand, already have mature bodies. That's why some people believe they may have already peaked physically and will only improve in term of skills.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:23 am
Yao's weight was offically recognized as 320. That's the number from US team's coach, who is leading US "all Star" team playing in China. But this guy think Yao's "best weight" should be around 300, which I do not agree. IF Yao has to compete with Shaq, 320 should be the right number.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:55 pm
Once again summer league dosent matter at all. Eddie griffin was a god at summer league. This guy is even a starter and you talk like you could build a franchise around him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:59 pm
Thanks for the heads up on Yao Mings weight, if he's officially 320 I'm happy, no way should he be around 300, what are they thinking , at his height he can be 350 and still be considered skinny, as we said before if it's lanky muscle and not buff, cause lanky muscle makes a person longer and more use for quicker movement, but Thanks again for the heads up, oh and the other guy/girl who was supporting WZZ good looking out, Big Wang is a great player, not yet in his prime he's all wait and see his development don't give up on him. Oh did you all hear Mengke is going to the raptors and they said he's going to give him a lot of playing time to prove himself, they never had a Center Antoinio Davis is more like a PF, so the Chinese ASian connect is going on. Keep up the support good and the bad. that's a real fan !!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:40 am
Snackbar wrote:

I will be happy if he can be a decent player at NBA. If he can pick up in defense and rebounding, he should be able to average 12-13 points, 6-7 rebounds, 1 block... He isn't as bad as his stats are.

If you go to do-not-patronize-illegal-websites, you should be able to see his recent game in Summer league. A baseline slam, a spin layup. Believe me, he has many nifty moves to the basket, but.... (no defense).

Go Wang!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:31 am
Prove yourslef in the NBA to win me over. So far he isnt even close.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:57 pm
your funny snackbar. haha, seriously do you know basketball, ever played real baskellball, I'm not trying to make fun, I'm honestly just analysing Wang Game on a basketball manner, I know he hasn't contributed much in the past season's and yes he doesn't start, but look at the squads he was with, they had solid centers like CAndyman for the clips, and Lafrenze for the Mav's. Wang of course needs help on certain aspects of his game, he's no allstar no one is saying he is right now. I didn't say he's going to give you 30 points a game right now. But do you ever follow his touches on the ball. he didn't get more then 6 touches a game averaged out, the best he can do with that is 6-6 do you know what I mean if you want him to score you got to give him the ball, in the NBA it's not just about one on one. most of the moves are set plays specially for centers. post set pass, shoot. WAng is a good player but no one is saying your going to build a franchise around him. but he's got what it takes to get better, seriously though how come you hate him so much.

Offline Profile