<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Mings Weight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:50 pm
It looks like in the pictures that my man Yao has been losing a little weight, I have been in China North and the South, I know it gets hot down there I played ball down there as well. It was like playing in a Sauna, I lost 10 pounds just walking around, and the food even though was good and I ate alot made me slim down. I wonder if this is what's happening with Yao, during his stay here, he seemed to have bulked up a bit, I hope he didn't lose it in China. cause it's going to be a constant up hill climb for him. This is a not going towards him ability because we all know he's a great baller but weight in the post is important as well as muscle.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:54 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
The pictures that I've seen here looks like he's gained upper body. And even Shaq has said that his legs are so big he can't be moved. I don't want him to gain much more than what I've seen. One great thing about Yao is that he's incredably fast for such a big man, and I don't want that compromised.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:18 pm
We all know the man's got tree trunks for legs, but it seems to me that he's lost some upperbody, but does his new pics really look like he's gained some upper body, if so that's great, I'm just worried about his health, gaining weight doesn't always mean losing mobility though, well I appreciate the reply, P.S. am I the only one who misses the basketball season. can't wait to watch yao again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 206Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:20 pm
xraymom wrote:
The pictures that I've seen here looks like he's gained upper body. And even Shaq has said that his legs are so big he can't be moved. I don't want him to gain much more than what I've seen. One great thing about Yao is that he's incredably fast for such a big man, and I don't want that compromised.

Jeff van gundy is going to make the rockets games low scoring half court games(even more low scoring than last year). So Yao's quickness won't really matter that much.

I hope Yao come's to training camp over weight at 340 or 350 like his buddy wang zhi zhi did last year with the clippers. I think wang zhi zhi has gained weight iin the offseason and is now 290 same weight as Yao last year.

Last edited by mk47 on Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
mk47 wrote:
xraymom wrote:

Jeff van gundy is going to make the rockets games low scoring half court games(even more low scoring than last year). So Yao's quickness won't really matter that much.

I hope Yao come's to training camp over weight at 340 or 350 like his buddy wang zhi zhi did last year with the clippers. I think wang zhi zhi was gained weight iin the offseason and is now 290 same weight as Yao last year.

I thought wzz is listed 275 now. I checked nba.com last time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 206Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:20 pm
That was his weignt last year, he gained 15 lbs this offseason 275+15= 290

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:06 pm
OH yeah big Wang is around 290 for sure, I just saw him at the summer league in Long Beach he's beefed up, not being pushed around anymore, and still fast and quick, I brought a few friends with me to the games they left being Wang fans , they were really impressed with his quickness and footwork. if Yao was like 340 and still had all his mobility watch out !!! I mean WATCH OUT!!!@ no stopping the big man.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
jordanlee24 wrote:
big Wang , I just saw him at the summer league in Long Beach he's beefed up, .

did he show any inclination to play defense :?: did he scored any basket in the lane :?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:04 am
well you know Big Wang, the defense was lacking but he's getting better you can see he's making an effort, but one thing he's sorely lacking is rebounding skills, but that takes time too. he was letting little men out reach out jump him. but yeah he did score inside, he was actually dunking on people that's what amazed me the most I've never seen him dunk. the game I saw, it was against the lakers he had 3 dunks one was off the baseline one handed , the second was a facial two handed he took it strong to the hoop, third was a alley oop. you know the reason he didn't go inside with the MAV's was because of the offense they set for him he was limited cause nelly has he's own way of coaching but in the summer league with the clips you could see the creativity. Let's all hope his rebounding catches up with his offense, any other question about the summer league hit me up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 299Location: MalaysiaJoined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:35 am
Hey You're not the only one missing the B'ball season... i feel your pain :P :P :P

Mandara

jordanlee24 wrote:
P.S. am I the only one who misses the basketball season. can't wait to watch yao again.

Offline Profile YIM