<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:03 pm
norinco wrote:
It's not just about what you do that makes you tall. It's about what you don't do. Like sitting in a classroom 8 hours a day like most american kids will stint your growth.

Not only American kids sit in the classroom, kids from all over the world do the same thing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:19 pm
superjohn wrote:
kclbasketball wrote:
NORINCO YOURE THE BIGGEST IDIOT TO EVER OPEN A MOUTH..

Chinese kids treated as Kings whereas in the States they go to school more? man you better do SOME kindof reading up before all this verbal diarrhoea. For one, if uve ever read Sole Provider, you;ll know the us potential athletes get spoilt like hell by their sponsors and the attention.. whereas in China, life is a daily struggle...

Man im not even gonan try and prove you wrong. ure a ****** idiot. listen to Pyuren. he knows more than you ever will.

kclbasketball,

Elite athletes in China are looked after well since they get free food, living expenses and education. They do not really have any "daily struggle". I am not sure if they are more spoilt than US athletes.
I do not agree with norinco, but that does not mean I agree wtih you ignorant dumb*ss.

I wish you could call me an ignorant dumbass in my face so i can personally smack your short ***** down.

Im sorry but "free food, living expenses and education" are hardly luxurious attributes. If u dont perform to an expected level you get dropped risking all those BASIC life requirements. I dont see many 18 year old chinese athletes with already a big enough wallet for a few lifetimes...

I dont know of many/ any chinese athletes that get bribed with 100,000s of dollars worth of gifts for being a POTENTIAL talent.. and for all those estblished chinese athletes... to think they're living it up... not really.. maybe compared to the rest of china they are having a relatively comfortable life... but they are not earning enough to guarantee anything for the future.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:50 pm
Quote:
and for all those estblished chinese athletes... to think they're living it up... not really.. maybe compared to the rest of china they are having a relatively comfortable life... but they are not earning enough to guarantee anything for the future.
[/quote]

Last edited by norinco on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:02 pm
kclbasketball wrote:
superjohn wrote:
kclbasketball wrote:
NORINCO YOURE THE BIGGEST IDIOT TO EVER OPEN A MOUTH..

Chinese kids treated as Kings whereas in the States they go to school more? man you better do SOME kindof reading up before all this verbal diarrhoea. For one, if uve ever read Sole Provider, you;ll know the us potential athletes get spoilt like hell by their sponsors and the attention.. whereas in China, life is a daily struggle...

Man im not even gonan try and prove you wrong. ure a ****** idiot. listen to Pyuren. he knows more than you ever will.

kclbasketball,

Elite athletes in China are looked after well since they get free food, living expenses and education. They do not really have any "daily struggle". I am not sure if they are more spoilt than US athletes.
I do not agree with norinco, but that does not mean I agree wtih you ignorant dumb*ss.

I wish you could call me an ignorant dumbass in my face so i can personally smack your short ***** down.

Im sorry but "free food, living expenses and education" are hardly luxurious attributes. If u dont perform to an expected level you get dropped risking all those BASIC life requirements. I dont see many 18 year old chinese athletes with already a big enough wallet for a few lifetimes...

I dont know of many/ any chinese athletes that get bribed with 100,000s of dollars worth of gifts for being a POTENTIAL talent.. and for all those estblished chinese athletes... to think they're living it up... not really.. maybe compared to the rest of china they are having a relatively comfortable life... but they are not earning enough to guarantee anything for the future.

kclbasketball, I never said free food and living expenses are luxurious items, you stupid fool. All I am saying is that they are being looked after by the government and all they need to do is to concentrate on their training and need not worry about other stuff, stupid fool.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:30 pm
I dont know where some of these people get info that Yao or his parents were rich and had chaufers and butler when he was twelve. I mean as of now neither Yao or his parent own a car in China. If you could just see the place that they lived in just a couple of years back you will never say that they were rich.

So snackbar do you live inside the same communitty as Yao or do you live on one of the outside ones near his home. And yes he has house sitter for the home thats taking care of the place but thanks for asking.

Man I havent logged on to this board in a couple of months and it seems to have a large portion of misinformation on all these threads lately.

But you are mostly correct Pru Yao was not rich and lived very humbly just like he still does now atleast to US standards.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:51 pm
He lives in a gated community i am the closest neighborhood to yao's. So i guess im on the outskirts and if i wanted i could get to yao's house on bike.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:37 pm
same here

ive seen yao in best buy(electronics store in america)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:35 am
Man I envy you guys; got any autographs? Anything happened at BestBuy?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:52 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Man, I live right here, too. Never seen him. Keep hoping he'll show up at work to get an MRI or something, but I guess he'd have to get hurt first. So that's no good. :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:52 pm
Yes he has been to Best Buy a whopping total of four times last season and twice to Gamestop and one to Comp USA so its not that regular for people to see him out and about.

Offline Profile