<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:59 pm
kclbasketball wrote:
NORINCO YOURE THE BIGGEST IDIOT TO EVER OPEN A MOUTH..

Chinese kids treated as Kings whereas in the States they go to school more? man you better do SOME kindof reading up before all this verbal diarrhoea. For one, if uve ever read Sole Provider, you;ll know the us potential athletes get spoilt like hell by their sponsors and the attention.. whereas in China, life is a daily struggle...

Man im not even gonan try and prove you wrong. ure a ****** idiot. listen to Pyuren. he knows more than you ever will.

kclbasketball,

Elite athletes in China are looked after well since they get free food, living expenses and education. They do not really have any "daily struggle". I am not sure if they are more spoilt than US athletes.
I do not agree with norinco, but that does not mean I agree wtih you ignorant dumb*ss.

Last edited by superjohn on Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:59 pm
Posts: 229Location: HoustonJoined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:17 pm
norinco wrote:
yo kclbasketball, you the dumbphuck. US potential athletes ain't spoiled like hell. You ever heard stories like amare stoudemire, stepon marbury, all their familys ended up in jail, having to rob stores just to make a living, how they lucky they not in jail like the rest of they familys. Lebron James didn't even get a endorsement until he graduated high school. Chinese potential athletes don't even have to go to school. They get training in basketball, and everything by the government.

i wonder how amare stoudamire paid for that those cross country flight down the east coast where he went to live with atleast 2 of his highschool coaches. room and board, free of cost.

I wonder how lebron jame's mother got a 100,000 dollar loan to purchase lebrons h2(With a dvd player, and game cube inside). an undisclosed co-signer no doubt. Hah, even right now the state of Ohio is looking at Maurice Clarett (buckeyes running back) because he might have received gifts FROM Lebron James that could forfeit Claretts amateur status.

and....., as a matter of fact, chinese students did go to school. yao can read and write english. how many languages can you read/write?

you are a pathetic naive fool, you make false accusations, and have nothing at all to back-up your preposterous claims.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:01 pm
lost_elephant wrote:
norinco wrote:
yo kclbasketball, you the dumbphuck. US potential athletes ain't spoiled like hell. You ever heard stories like amare stoudemire, stepon marbury, all their familys ended up in jail, having to rob stores just to make a living, how they lucky they not in jail like the rest of they familys. Lebron James didn't even get a endorsement until he graduated high school. Chinese potential athletes don't even have to go to school. They get training in basketball, and everything by the government.

i wonder how amare stoudamire paid for that those cross country flight down the east coast where he went to live with atleast 2 of his highschool coaches. room and board, free of cost.

I wonder how lebron jame's mother got a 100,000 dollar loan to purchase lebrons h2(With a dvd player, and game cube inside). an undisclosed co-signer no doubt. Hah, even right now the state of Ohio is looking at Maurice Clarett (buckeyes running back) because he might have received gifts FROM Lebron James that could forfeit Claretts amateur status.

and....., as a matter of fact, chinese students did go to school. yao can read and write english. how many languages can you read/write?

you are a pathetic naive fool, you make false accusations, and have nothing at all to back-up your preposterous claims.

No wonder US athletes are so spoilt and eventually they get into serious trouble.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:06 pm
I bet you Kobe's shoes will become more in demand. Like allen iverson with his deal. I wish they would highlight on the players that didnt get into trouble but it wouldnt really been news now would it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 467Location: PhiladelphiaJoined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:05 pm
Wait, hold up... If Yao had cars and chauffers, why did he ride his bike to games in China? I'm confused. I think you're blowing some smoke up our @sses here...

Werd.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:00 pm
Dha481 wrote:
Wait, hold up... If Yao had cars and chauffers, why did he ride his bike to games in China? I'm confused. I think you're blowing some smoke up our @sses here...

Werd.

Yao Ming's leg are too long for any bike. So his team had to travel by bus or by plane if they had to go to another city for games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:

Yao Ming's leg are too long for any bike. So his team had to travel by bus or by plane if they had to go to another city for games.

SuperJohn

Yao Ming did have the habit of riding his bicycle to and fro from home to stadiums or shopping or for private matters in Shanghai. He owned 3 bicycles when he was in Shanghai.

Of course, when he needed to travel to outer cities for games together with his team, they travelled together by bus or plane.

Do you know when Yao Ming first arrived Houston, the Rockets specially did 3 things for Yao ???

http://www.gmdaily.com.cn/gmw/gmwhomepa ... enDocument

First, they arranged special orientation seminars for the Houston Rockets staff to brief them on things about Chinese culture, history etc. by lecturers from University of Houston in anticipation of Yao Ming's arrival.

Second, they hired Coline Pine as Yao's designated intepretor.

Third, they asked Jeff Nelson to design a special king-size bicycle for Yao. The normal bike you can get from a sports shop is 23 inches long (?). Jeff Neson used to build special bicycle for Hakeem Olajuwon and Charles Barkley. The size for Olajuwon was 35 inches long. The bike for Yao Ming was expected to be 35 - 45 inches.

Well, at that time, both Yao and his parents had no driving licenses, and Coline Pine had to drive them around. So the Rox thought about hand-making a king-size bike for Yao Ming's use.

I never heard anything afterwards about
this largest bike in the world. As of an interview with Yao in December 31, 2002, the bike had not come out Jeff Nelson's workshop.

NOW THAT YAO CAN DRIVE AND HAVE HIS OWN CAR, SO I DON'T THINK THAT BIKE IS NECESSARY ANYMORE.

BUT YAO DID HAVE THE HABIT OF BIKING TO GAMES OR OTHER PLACES WHEN HE WAS IN SHANGHAI !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:50 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
NOW THAT HE IS RICH AND KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE, HE DOESN'T NEED HIS BIKE ANYMORE !!!!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHETHER YAO WAS IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT IN THIS PICTURE TAKEN IN CHINA ???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:09 am
pryuen wrote:
NOW THAT HE IS RICH AND KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE, HE DOESN'T NEED HIS BIKE ANYMORE !!!!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHETHER YAO WAS IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT IN THIS PICTURE TAKEN IN CHINA ???

pryuen,
You probably already know that people in China drive on the right side of the road just like in North America. So the driver seat must be on the left and Yao Ming is sitting in the right passenger seat.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:13 am
superjohn wrote:
pryuen,
You probably already know that people in China drive on the right side of the road just like in North America. So the driver seat must be on the left and Yao Ming is sitting in the right passenger seat.

I THOUGHT I COULD TRICK SOMEBODIES INTO THINKING YAO IS DRIVING !!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Offline Profile