<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:12 pm
yo kclbasketball, you the dumbphuck. US potential athletes ain't spoiled like hell. You ever heard stories like amare stoudemire, stepon marbury, all their familys ended up in jail, having to rob stores just to make a living, how they lucky they not in jail like the rest of they familys. Lebron James didn't even get a endorsement until he graduated high school. Chinese potential athletes don't even have to go to school. They get training in basketball, and everything by the government.

Last edited by norinco on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:31 pm
x.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 1725Location: West BankJoined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:11 am
Quote:
Like sitting in a classroom 8 hours a day like most american kids will stint your growth.

You're a moron norinco. Total BS. Actually, the more weight-bearing exercise you do in your growing years stunts your growth. For example, gymnasts pound their joints all the time, and they definitely stunt their growth. They also advise kids not to start lifting weights before maybe 18 at least. Sitting around all day will have no effect on your height - and it definitely won't stunt it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
norinco wrote:
Chinese potential athletes don't even have to go to school. They get training in basketball, and everything by the government.

norinco

WHO THE HELL TELL YOU THAT POTENTIAL ATHLETES IN CHINA DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL ??? ABSOLUTELY FALLACIOUS !!!! :shock: :P :lol: :D :oops:

In China, there are specialized schools for potential athletes 少年儿童体育学校. Small kids were nominated and enrolled to such schools from their original schools in the villages or cities. The potential candidates need to pay school fees regulated by local authorities, and approved by Ministry of Finance; for some special cases, if the particular family is very poor, there could be exemption or reduction for fees paid.

The curriculum of such specialized schools place more emphasis on physical training or the sports specialty of the potential athletes; at the same time, the specialized athletic school must also guarantee the child got the fundamental education, comparable to the normal 9-year free education systems, i.e. these kids on one hand were trained on their specialty sports (be it gymnastics, table tennis, basketball, etc.), but at the same time, they had to study the fundamental courses (mathematics, English, Chinese Literature, Chinese History, etc etc.) They have to sit for examinations as well.

When they graduate, they will be given certificates for their academic achievements, as well as grading for their specialty sports. When they sit for college entrance examination, they will get extra marks so as to balance out with those students that go thru normal schools.

Of course, for the more outstanding ones, they will be promoted into representing the province or in turn the country in their specialty sports. People like Yao Ming was promoted thru the ranks from representing Shanghai, then junior national team then senior national team.

If they are not good enough in their sports specialty and got flunked out in the middle, they will be sent back to the original schools that nominated them to continue their education.

YES, compared to the US systems, China may have a more systematic way for developing potential athletes. But to suggest that they don't need to go to school to receive formal education is
COMPLETELY FALLACIOUS !!!!

If you don't trust me, and think that I again make things up, please ask someone to translate/explain (if you don't read and understand Chinese) the following policy document issued jointly by the China Ministry of Education and National Sports Commissions regarding management of such specialized athletic schools.

http://www.edu.cn/20010823/207462.shtml

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:52 pm
Sitting wont stunt your growth. Stop bashing pryuen he proves you wrong every time and he deserves and answer to his question. My younger brother is the same age of a kid named Nick Wise who is already sponsered by nike at the age of 13. At best he will be a late first round draft pick.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:12 pm
Posts: 13Location: 626 CaliforniaJoined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:30 pm
norinco after you are done cussing at the top of your lungs, get back into your cage and do some researching. actually go get some education. First of all since when did sitting down in a chair shrink you??? what the?? Go take physiology; i took it last year and it was interesting. you might learn something. SO what you are implying is that if someone was tied on the wrists and ankles and stretched everyday, they would just "grow"??? that is so lame. And THEN when you said, rofl, 1 rmb = 10 US dollars. imean think before you talk, you are practically saying that it is more than one british pound. x5.

Oh yeah swear and call me names too!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:56 pm
Norinco, have ever been to China? I was there in 2000 and you can exchange $1 for 11 RMB on the streets. In a bank, around 9-10 RMB. Pryuen is right about the specialized schools. If you are gifted in any one particular area, the government will develop you. Every famous Chinese athlete were developed by the governement based on physical potential at the outset. As for personal drivers and butlers that's ludicrous. Before the '90s, China pretty much blocked all outside influences. Everything changed after the Tianamen massacre. If you are a buisnessman like my uncle in China is, you can have the chaffeurs, the mistresses, the 5-star hotels, trips around the world, in addition to fine clothes and food. Yao Ming's parents aren't buisnessmen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:49 pm
Quote:
But they don't have mistresses because the mistresses your uncle has are probably have diseases .

Last edited by norinco on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:31 pm
Answer Pryuen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:32 pm
Posts: 13Location: 626 CaliforniaJoined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:30 pm
i dont get how people brag on the internet. at least try and make a point. On the internet, i own 10 e-mansions and 20 of those collectors edition e-cars + the 100 trillion dollars in e-currency. Oh yeah make fun of other people is the right way to go. you dont know them or their mistresses.

be a man admit you are wrong so we can all give you some respect back.

Offline Profile