<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:47 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
pryuen, the other poster is getting more and more wierd. He kept on saying US students spend 8 hours in the classroom. But students all over the world also spend a lot of time the classroom including those in China. Who cares about how many hours students spend in the classroom as long as they are not basketball player they do not need to care whether spending long hours in class will affect growth? Yao Ming is special and could spend more time on basketball, but so what? What exactly is his point? Is he implying that if Shaq grew up in China, he could have grown to 7'6?

SuperJohn

Well, I think what he meant was if given more time for stretching your legs and arms on playground or basketball courts, then given controlled diet/nutrition, it is easier to grow taller, instead of having to sit in the classroom for 8 hours without much exercise.

He implied that if Yao had not been in the China Basketball Academy but instead went thru normal education, he would not grow to become 7ft 6 and 300lb; if Yao had been brought up in US, he won't reach 6ft 10" and 240lb.

I think he is implying that US should set up specialized training academy for selective BB players (like China) to develop their BB players better.

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:22 am
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
Since when education takes a back seat to sports??? :shock: I like sports alot but you need education to fall back on. Alot of you may have been out of grade school for awhile, you guys forget that there's such things called recess and gym class :D. It's my understanding that one of the big reasons there's a lack of big sports stars come out of Asia is because our parents/society don't believe in sports as a way to make a good/moral living. Sports is just simply a leisure activity. Besides getting prestige/privilege from being elite athletes in China/Asia you don't really earn any BIG money. The story of Yao Ming is like "diamond in the ruff."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:24 am
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
Since when education takes a back seat to sports??? :shock: I like sports alot but you need education to fall back on. Alot of you may have been out of grade school for awhile, you guys forget that there are such things called recess and gym class :D. It's my understanding that one of the big reasons there's a lack of big sports stars come out of Asia is because our parents/society don't believe in sports as a way to make a good/moral living. Sports is just simply a leisure activity. Besides getting prestige/privilege from being elite athletes in China/Asia you don't really earn any BIG money. The story of Yao Ming is like "diamond in the ruff."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:30 am
Thats what ive been trying to say. But i mean school may be 6 hrs but there Physical Education,Lunch,and much more. Its not like you sit on a chair all day.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:54 am
Just keep making things up dumb *****.

Last edited by norinco on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:42 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Look, cool it. I'm tired of every single thread getting ruined by a bunch of kids who don't know how to have an intelligent discussion. I've tried my best to stay out of it, but I've got to say something. And Norinco, I don't care how you spell it, there are lots of kids who visit this forum, so watch the language. Why do you have to be that way???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:51 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
norinco wrote:
pryuen your a phucking dumb *****. 40 rmb in 1970 don't equal 5 dollars you phuck. in 1970 1 rmb was equal to 10 dollars so 40 was like 400 dollars, the rmb devalued in the 1980's when it's economy was growing so today 8 rmb is equal to 1 dollar. And what the phuck is it that Yao couldn't buy a pair of shoes when he was 16, he was raised by the chinese government since he was 12 he had everything by the time he was 12. Just keep making things up dumb *****.

norinco

1RMB = US$10 ???? ROFLMAO !!!! :P :D :lol: :P :D :lol:

When was there ever a time that RMB was STRONGER than US$ ????

WHO IS MAKING THINGS UP ???? :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Check your stuff before you huff and puff.

http://intl.econ.cuhk.edu.hk/exchange_r ... .php?cid=8

Well, it was my oversight to use the current exchange rate for convertion; but even with the then conversion rate (1 US$ = 1.53 RMB), 40 RMB was nothing but ~ US$ 26 - 27, AND DEFINITELY IT WAS NOT EQUIVALENT TO US$ 400.

Can a family that earned less than US$ 100 a month own car, butlers, chauffers, AND EVERYTHING ??? USE YOUR BRAIN !!!!

If you can't read Chinese and can't understand what Chapter 7 was saying, DON'T SAY I MADE UP THINGS ABOUT HIS SPORTS SHOES!!!!

As the foot size of Yao kept growing, the sports shoes rationed by the Academy just could not fit. Yao had to wear old sneakers left over by his Dad; when his foot size outgrown his father, they could not even afford to buy it on the market because of their low salary. Her Mom had to get old and used shoes from her old team mates from the Army 81 team.

Well, I did not make up the story on my own about the pair of Nike that Eric Zhang gifted to Yao in 1996.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU ANYWAY ??? WHERE AND WHEN I HAVE OFFENDED YOU TO HAVE YOU KEEP CALLING ME NAMES ???? :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:15 am
Quote:
The shoe manufacturer don't make size 18

Last edited by norinco on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:30 am
NORINCO YOURE THE BIGGEST IDIOT TO EVER OPEN A MOUTH..

Chinese kids treated as Kings whereas in the States they go to school more? man you better do SOME kindof reading up before all this verbal diarrhoea. For one, if uve ever read Sole Provider, you;ll know the us potential athletes get spoilt like hell by their sponsors and the attention.. whereas in China, life is a daily struggle...

Man im not even gonan try and prove you wrong. ure a ****** idiot. listen to Pyuren. he knows more than you ever will.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:57 am
norinco wrote:
Hey dumb *****, back in 1980 you could go to a restaurant and get a mongolian beef for .10cent RMB. today if would cost over 40 RMB cause inflation. 40 rmb could buy a lot more things back then than it could today not even one mongolian beef. back in 1980 you could buy over 400.l

The shoe manufacturer don't make size 18 and over in china. You can't go to a store and ask for size 18 because nobody wears a size that large. You have to go to the manufacturer and have it made.

norinco

Don't want to be tangled with you on these meaningless debate on the purchasing power of Renminbi back in the 80's. Agreed 40 RMB could buy more back then when compared to today, but merely for food or other daily consumables and DEFINITELY NOT LUXURY ITEMS AS CAR OR HOUSE etc.

My question remain: WHEN AND WHERE I OFFENDED YOU THAT MADE YOU SO MAD ABOUT ME AND KEEP INSULTING ME BY CALLING ME NAMES ?????

I JUST WANT SOME LOGICAL DISCUSSION HERE, AND SURELY NOT LOOKING FOR VERBAL ABUSES/INSULTS FROM YOU !!!!

Offline Profile