<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  YAO MING NEW APPOINTMENT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
YAO MING gets a NEW appointment !!!

HE WILL BECOME THE IMAGE SPOKEPERSON FOR THE GREAT MUNICIPIPALITY OF SHANGHAI FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS !!!! :shock: :P 8) :roll: :oops:

The appointment was made when Yao took part in the opening ceremony of the Shanghai Lupu Bridge which I reported/posted earlier.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... ight=#9837

Here is the Deputy Mayor of Shanghai, Yang Xiong, presenting Yao Ming with the appointment certificate:-

Yao seemed very pleased and excited about the appointment and said that he loves Shanghai, and hopes he can make contribution to promote the image of Shanghai !!!!

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2003-06-28/2355480869.shtml

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:03 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Hmmm... okay, so what duties will he have, specifically? I mean, it's not like he has alot of time on his hands!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:00 am
User avatarPosts: 299Location: MalaysiaJoined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:35 am
he's not smiling.... maybe he's tired from that marathon run?
Oh wells, i think he has done a great deal for himself and the people of China. I just hope he doesn't wear himself out too much. so many things so little time. Like what xraymom said.

Mandara

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:11 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
xraymom wrote:
Hmmm... okay, so what duties will he have, specifically? I mean, it's not like he has alot of time on his hands!

Mandara wrote:
he's not smiling.... maybe he's tired from that marathon run?
Oh wells, i think he has done a great deal for himself and the people of China. I just hope he doesn't wear himself out too much. so many things so little time. Like what xraymom said.

Mandara

Hey Ladies, RELAX !!!!

Being an Image Spokesperson for Shanghai does not really require any specific responsibilities/duties, I think.

It is just like any other commercial sponsorship/endorsement. Say MJ is Nike's Image Spokeperson. So, all he did maybe shoot a couple commercials or wear Nike products or say good things about Nike.

I would tend to think, similarly, Yao Ming is expected to do a couple of such PR (public relationship) stuff: appear as guest of honor in major Shanghai public activities; shoot 1 or 2 commercials promoting Shanghai tourism, say good things about Shanghai etc.

Anyway, he won't be in Shanghai most of the year round !!!

By the way, Yao Ming did not ran a marathon on that day. He ran only 800 meters, which should be nothing for a great athlete like him. Besides, you seldom see Yao Ming smile when he takes photo, RIGHT ?? HE WAS ALWAYS COOL IN HIS LOOKS.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:28 am
User avatarPosts: 299Location: MalaysiaJoined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:35 am
Yao smiles sometimes :D :D LoL.... or maybe he just smiles while in the company of pretty girls

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:33 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great Picture!!!!
Hey, Pryuen, we're just lookin' out for our guy. He's stretching himself thin, is all. It's the mother instinct. If he were standing right next to me, I'd be telling him "Eat, Eat!!!!" :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 247Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 1:26 pm
Mandara wrote:
Yao smiles sometimes :D :D LoL.... or maybe he just smiles while in the company of pretty girls

That girl ain't pretty

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:12 pm
:lol: :lol: Looks like nothing has changed :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:29 pm
Snackbar wrote:
:lol: :lol: Looks like nothing has changed :lol: :lol:

YUP !!!!

It's much more easy to change a regime than changing a person's nature 江山易改, 本性难移.
I think that girl is a pretty doll in the eyes of most of us !!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:54 am
User avatarPosts: 36Location: SactownJoined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:49 pm
Down the line, after a basketball career, Yao would be a good Diplomatic leader. He's somebody everybody looks up to, he's well spoken, and humorous. If only one of the CA candidates for governor had these qualities.

Offline Profile WWW YIM