<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  The Year of the Yao documentary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:23 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
MartianMan wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:
geez
dont speak too soon

i think its only a success when Yao is achieveing the below:
*MVP, or at least polling high in mvp voting.
*all-nba first team
*all defensive
*DPY
*final mvp
*top scorer in nba

Those are the REAL achievement. Not making friends or whatnot.

Hmm, you're putting way too much emphasis on unrealistic success. You must watch too many disney movies where the underdog becomes the best, and finally loved by all. I feel what Yao has accomplished so far is already amazing. I definitely couldn't move to a country with a culture so different than my own and become a phenom is the short time Yao has done it in. I think in the end, Yao will become as effective as Garnett. Hopefully, as good as Duncan. And that's fine with me.

ABSOULTELY.......

Even if he eventually ends up not as great a player we all expect him to be, he has already achieved few international players had managed to do in his rookie season, which is all this The Year of The Yao documentary is all about.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:42 am
User avatarPosts: 213Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:17 pm
Even the the preview was so touching i cried, imagine the whole movie, I CANT take this. Oscar worthy!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:36 am
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
nycundaground wrote:
Even the the preview was so touching i cried, imagine the whole movie, I CANT take this. Oscar worthy!

The quote about the blade of grass thanking the sun is great. Where does Yao get all these pithy sayings from?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:43 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
pryuen wrote:
Here is a preview..... not very long... just around 1:45 minutes.

In avi format....and around 10MB.

THE YEAR OF THE YAO

A much longer preview..about 3 minutes......but you need QuickTime installed to see it. :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

QUICK TIME VERSION

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:49 pm
If this movie becomes a success, knowing the movie industry's penchant for copying successful movies, you can expect movies about Ginobili, Parker, Wang Zhizhi, Mengke Bateer, and more, come next year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 1577Location: EarthJoined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:39 pm
Wonder how many theater they are going to open for this movie? I look forward more of the of court stuff that we are going to see in this movie.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:49 pm
The Year of the Yao US premier at Denver's Paramount Theater !!! :P :P :P :wink:

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm
MartianMan wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:
geez
dont speak too soon

i think its only a success when Yao is achieveing the below:
*MVP, or at least polling high in mvp voting.
*all-nba first team
*all defensive
*DPY
*final mvp
*top scorer in nba

Those are the REAL achievement. Not making friends or whatnot.

Hmm, you're putting way too much emphasis on unrealistic success. You must watch too many disney movies where the underdog becomes the best, and finally loved by all. I feel what Yao has accomplished so far is already amazing. I definitely couldn't move to a country with a culture so different than my own and become a phenom is the short time Yao has done it in. I think in the end, Yao will become as effective as Garnett. Hopefully, as good as Duncan. And that's fine with me.

Getting ALL of the above achievements is unrealistic, getting half of them is realistic. Yao Ming should be doing them pretty soon, as he approaches his peak.

You all must have REALLY LOW expectations and dont understand whats expected from a 7 6 number pick who got the skills and the physical gifts.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
Chuck__187 wrote:
Getting ALL of the above achievements is unrealistic, getting half of them is realistic. Yao Ming should be doing them pretty soon, as he approaches his peak.

You all must have REALLY LOW expectations and dont understand whats expected from a 7 6 number pick who got the skills and the physical gifts.

Whatever you say, Chuck! Your opinions are always the truth!
LOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 224Location: houstonJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:49 pm
Anyone knows the exact date on the release of the movie?

Offline Profile