<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming / CCTV interview

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
I watched some highlights last night. Here is what I remember:

Pressure:
YM has been feeling great pressure since the day he became the No. 1 pick of HR. He almost regretted(後悔) the decision about joning the NBA. ( I think he really needs to see a doctor about this "pressure" problem.)

Shaq:
He said it's the first time he felt he could not overpower his opponent. He used to prefer basketball skills and intelligence than power. Now he thinks power is important too. ( Only two matches and he had already given up! Well, that explain the poor performance of their 2nd meeting! )

Rookie of the Year:
The result's fair because HR failed to go to the playoff. He feels there's some regret(遺憾) because he had a chance to win. ( Me too!)

Next Yao Ming:
He believes someone from China will achieve more than him. He wishes this "someone" will be his own son. (He laughed!)

I felt uncomfortable after I watched the highlights. I don't like his attitude. I don't like it at all. Did anyone watch the whole interview? Beijing Boy? Cao? How do you feel about it?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
hehehe too busy partying and going to barz
no time to check the interview
if what you are describing is real, then i am really worried

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:51 pm
Here is my take on Yao's interview:

1) Do not take the face value at all. Remember Yao is in China, he has to appear "humbleness" so that less people would be jealous of him. After all, there is the lawsuit going on. Yao is actually fighting with CBA and some deep, I mean very deep structural problem in Chinese athletic authority. Those people STILL think athletes, Yao Ming or anybody else, are their assets. They think they are setting the law; Yao has no choice but to follow. If Yao appears very "aggressive" in Chinese standards, he may lose support from some people behind the scene. And, Team Yao must have already agreed on what Yao want to say THERE. I bet when Yao come back to US and if this question were to be repeated, Yao will give another answer. Anyway, Does Shaq give a damn sh**t about what Yao's comment on him? Shaq think he is combating with himself, NOBODY else, Duncan included.

2) About Pressure. You think Yao would regret his star status just because the so called "pressure"? Think again. Any 22 years old man wants to live Yao's life, trust me. This is another example of trying to show his "humbleness" so that more people may support him. Media game if you will call it. I doubt this will work, but Yao seems to be very caucious out there.

Hopes to ease your uneaseness!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
OOLONG48, IS THIS THE SAME INTERVIEW AS THAT OF THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ?? OR THIS IS A SEPARATE ONE BY CCTV ??

When was that shown ??? How come you can watch it ?? Where do you stay ??? China ?? Hong Kong ?? I got only CCTV4 and CCTV9 from my Cable TV network...but they seldom publicize about their programs in advance.

DARN IT !!!! I MISS THIS ONE. :shock: :x :oops: :cry: :shock: :x :oops: :cry:

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:23 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
I am in Hong Kong. Please look at the subject. It's a CCTV interview. I watched it on ATV last night. After the six o'clock news, there's a programme called "News Story". Only a few minutes. I didn't know it's about Yao until I watched it.

I wish I am misled by the editing. That's why I want a comment from someone who had watched the whole interview.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:22 am
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
Recently, I started to visit the message board of a big Houston Rockets fan site on a regular basis because it has quite a lot of articles about Yao Ming's interviews with the Chinese media. Is there anyone on this forum who has access to these interviews and is willing to provide all of us with the translations? I think that a lot of people will really appreciate it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:36 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
RedDragon wrote:
Recently, I started to visit the message board of a big Houston Rockets fan site on a regular basis because it has quite a lot of articles about Yao Ming's interviews with the Chinese media. Is there anyone on this forum who has access to these interviews and is willing to provide all of us with the translations? I think that a lot of people will really appreciate it.

REDRAGON, CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH THE WEB LINK TO THAT FAN SITE YOU'RE VISITING ??

THANKS.

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:47 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Oh, yeah, Pruyen! You'll do it for us, won't you??? :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:24 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
you know, I just realized I've been spelling your name wrong. Sorry,PRYUEN.
But really, thanks for all the time you take to get us articles and the translations you do. We really do appreciate it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:26 pm
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
pryuen wrote:
REDRAGON, CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH THE WEB LINK TO THAT FAN SITE YOU'RE VISITING ??

THANKS.

I'll send you a private message.

Offline Profile