<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao cried after the game against Nuggets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:08 am
tharock220 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with crying. Anyone who's ever experienced a disappointment in sports knows. Everyone who makes fun of Yao for crying must not play sports or must never lose, and since nobody wins them all, they must not play sports. When I was a senior in high school and we lost 2 games into the playoffs I cried along with several other seniors. It was our last chance to do anything and we couldn't. When you talk about an athlete crying it doesn't whaling your eyes out, but you can't help but get teary-eyed and feal sad sometimes.

its ok to cry if ur 10 years old ( i cried like a little shook on a bi monthly basis back then).
But around the time u turn 18 its not ok to cry in public or admit to crying.
THat is for pussies and a sign of weakness.
(exception to the rule is if u get injured REALLY badly, like leg blown off, then u do have a right to cry)
When a man cries and ppl see it they feel ZERO sympathy. And you lose respect of the ppl around.
Crying is what babies and kids do, not a man.

Its good Yao didnt cry. Its seems like his taking it on the chin like a man should.
When ppl play bad or lose they go into wats called "lizard-state" their body stops all processes except essentailly life functions. THeir mind is like blank. Their face is like stone. THey very rarely go off crying.
That reporter who reported Yao cried should be banned from further interviews. Stupid cunt should be sued for deframation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:41 pm
Man I had my doubts. "Sports weekly" is famous for its lack of credibility. The newspaper is worse than "Inquire" and still we all bite hard! :? :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 606Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 pm
So Yao is gay? But you shouldn't hold it against him!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:26 pm
Yao needs a kitten. Noone can be sad when there's a kitten around.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:39 am
AndyLau_HARDCORE wrote:
So Yao is gay? But you shouldn't hold it against him!

Yao Rule where R U

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:40 am
insanitarium wrote:
Yao needs a kitten. Noone can be sad when there's a kitten around.

Yao Rule Where R U

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
pryuen wrote:
cyfjeff wrote:
thanks for translating the last part, one thing here, i think the last sentence should be .... he has not yet to find the same sense....

The way I was taught English "He has yet to find" really means "He has not yet found". :oops:

man.. the English language is confusing! No wonder so many Americans can't speak properly! :lol:

You could say this two ways:
"He has yet to find..."
"He has not yet found..."
or, if you're from Down South, you say "He ain't found it yet!"

As for Yao crying, go easy on the guy! He's young, he's under pressure, and I think it's a very healthy thing for him to let out his emotions. As long as he doesn't do it in front of reporters or women (see, women like the fact that a man can cry... we just don't want to see it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 657Location: USAJoined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:12 am
I remember reading a newspaper article a couple of years ago stating that men cry just as often as women. Men just hide this fact, i.e. crying in private rather than in public. And, according to the study, men who cry tend to have higher testosterone levels than men who bottle up their emotions, which contradicts the old myth that estrogen equates to emotional instability.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 657Location: USAJoined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:12 am
xraymom wrote:
or, if you're from Down South, you say "He ain't found it yet!"

:lol: I love it!

P.S. How are you doing, XRayMom?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
Chuck__187 wrote:
its ok to cry if ur 10 years old ( i cried like a little shook on a bi monthly basis back then).
But around the time u turn 18 its not ok to cry in public or admit to crying.
THat is for pussies and a sign of weakness.
(exception to the rule is if u get injured REALLY badly, like leg blown off, then u do have a right to cry)
When a man cries and ppl see it they feel ZERO sympathy. And you lose respect of the ppl around.
Crying is what babies and kids do, not a man.

Don't be so naive! Men do cry! When Marc Vivian-Foe, the Cameroon international football midfielder died, the whole team cried in front of the camera. Nobody says anything about weak or pussies. Henry cried for Foe too! Guess what, he's still respected as one of the best scorers in the world!

Just don't let your enemy see you cry! :wink:

Offline Profile