<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao cried after the game against Nuggets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Viet, appreciate if you can drop your avatar. This is Yaomania.com frequented by alot readers/posters globally who maybe minors. After all this is not sexmania.com. :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:39 pm
Posts: 1364Location: CanadaJoined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:51 pm
prueyn did you rat out on me man????

lol the post is emailing me threatening me to get rid of my avatar.

dam commies... freedom of expression.... i will ask the wife when she gets home if she finds it offensive to "minors" and virgins. lol haahah

is she does then it wil be gone soon

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:37 pm
YaoIzOverRated wrote:
I agree totally 110% with what you all say that Yao is just too much of a girly man. You are right Steve Francis is the emotional leader of last year and T-mac is like a robot that sets example on the court. For Yao to be dominant and prosperous in the future we should all agree that Yao should be traded to Golden State Warrior. Yao needs to go to Golden State and develop a Warrior mentality and a learn to be a loser and not cry about it. You guys really are right about Yao being totally non selfish and that will be a problem. Yao needs to elbow and play dirty. Yao needs to be like them soccer players and he needs to have a nickname that is mean and tough. A cool name similar to AK47 of Utah. We need to nickname Yao something like "Yock". So to show his Manhood and growth from being wimpy. How about "Monster Yock". How does that sound. hmm
You see if an opponent comes to Yao and try to lay up or dunk on him Monster Yock need to knock the fool to the ground and step on him. He needs to be mean on the court and nice out of the court.

I agree 110% that you should stfu.

i think you should have a nickname. something suitably stupid sounding so it's in character with your posts. trolldaddy69? trickdaddystopmakingnewscreennames? hmm

when you see a thread coming along on yaomingmania you should try to knock it down that fool to the ground with good old fashioned trolling. you need to be stupid on the internet like you are IRL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:43 pm
big *fu*cking deal? what if he cried? Sitting at the end of the team bus, Jordan bawled his eyes out after the tough playoff loss to the Pistons in 1990. this kind of stuff happened more often than we think.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
Yao a girly man, eh?

YaoIzOverRated must've listened to one too many Ah-nold speeches.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:20 pm
Posts: 1187Location: Vancouver, BC, CanadaJoined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:46 pm
Yao cried because of the loss? Are media stuff 100% reliable? Their creditability should be determined by our individual judgment. Even if Yao did cry, he only showed his concern about the Rox and his performance. It's much better than his indifference.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
Yo guy, Yao is a human too. He has the right to cry. I can't believe some of the people diss Yao for crying. SHaq cried after the game he lost to the Rox before. This shows how much Yao cares!

Just for your information. People who really care about something will usually cry for it. This guy who won the noble prize told others that when once he didn't get over 90 on a test he even cried afterwards.

MJ didn't make to the highschool basketball team back then locked himself in his room and cried for 2 days!

And even more, have we not all cried for something important in our lives? Or else are we even human without any sense?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Okay guys.... the following article from Yang Yi dispelled our doubts on Yao Ming's character. He did not cry after the loss to the Nuggets !!! :shock: :P :wink:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2004-12-02/ ... 9562.shtml

Quote:

This was a 3-min long distance telephone "interview" of Yao Ming by Yang Yi on the day of the Pistons game.

He said he was very frustrated and depressed but he did not cry. And he is now very tranquil.

Yang Yi: You cried after you lost (to the Nuggets)?

Yao Ming: I did not.

Yang Yi: But many reporters reported so.

Yao Ming: False.

Yang Yi: Bothersome, eh?? What about (those reports that) Ye Li's mobile had been stolen?

Yao Ming: False. Her mobile is still with her. She lost her MP3. An iPod, even more expansive than a mobile phone. (Note: Ye Li's MP3 was a gift from Yao Ming and got stolen from her locker in her Shanghai team).

Yang Yi: Are you alright now ?

Yao Ming: Do you notice anything different? Do you think my sentiment are that fragile ??

Yang Yi: Did you read yesterday's Houston Chronicle? (You were) severely criticized.

Yao Ming: I did not pay attention to anything these 2 days. I did not bother to read, and I did not care what they wrote. They made their living by writing.

Yang Yi: Have you anything to say (to your fans) ?

Yao Ming: Patience. It seems everyone has lost his/her patience over a few lost games. I need to go now for the practice.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
There is nothing wrong with crying. Anyone who's ever experienced a disappointment in sports knows. Everyone who makes fun of Yao for crying must not play sports or must never lose, and since nobody wins them all, they must not play sports. When I was a senior in high school and we lost 2 games into the playoffs I cried along with several other seniors. It was our last chance to do anything and we couldn't. When you talk about an athlete crying it doesn't whaling your eyes out, but you can't help but get teary-eyed and feal sad sometimes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:25 am
Posts: 1187Location: Vancouver, BC, CanadaJoined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:46 pm
"They make their living by writing" - well said by Yao. Shame on those who critized Yao crying after a lost game!

Offline Profile