<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  IF?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 291Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:46 pm
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:
playing the american style, just as how basketball should be played.

Yup and that's why Team USA's a$$ got kicked in the Olympics. NBA players, the supreme gods of basketball, placed only third. The Europeans play basketball the way it's supposed to be played.

1. US didn't send out its best players.

2. US didn't take the other teams seriously.

1. Yeah a convenient excuse. Frankly, if it were up to me, I'd send the NBA champs. But I guess they were afraid of losing.

2. And that's a valid excuse? Man, if Yao and the Rox didn't take their opponents seriously, you and trick would be all over their asses.

Maybe in the first few games Team USa didn't take opponents seriously, but when they we're starting to get beaten, they did their best. But it just wasn't good enough.

blame it on carmela anthony... he played like crap.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
nbalive2011 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:

Yup and that's why Team USA's a$$ got kicked in the Olympics. NBA players, the supreme gods of basketball, placed only third. The Europeans play basketball the way it's supposed to be played.

1. Yeah a convenient excuse. Frankly, if it were up to me, I'd send the NBA champs. But I guess they were afraid of losing.

2. And that's a valid excuse? Man, if Yao and the Rox didn't take their opponents seriously, you and trick would be all over their asses.

Maybe in the first few games Team USa didn't take opponents seriously, but when they we're starting to get beaten, they did their best. But it just wasn't good enough.

blame it on carmela anthony... he played like crap.

Yup. You're right. Blame it ALL on Melo. He played like crap. And he played it American style, just the way basketball should be played.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
nbalive2011 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:

1. American players are too lazy to play.

2. US did their best and still got owned.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:53 pm
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:

Yup. You're right. Blame it ALL on Melo. He played like crap. And he played it American style, just the way basketball should be played.

nope. he was the only one who played like crap.
the other nba stars played great!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:55 pm
YaoMingLoyalist wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:

1. American players are too lazy to play.

2. US did their best and still got owned.

don't be fooled...
many of the top stars didn't play.
KG, oneal, francis, carter, t-mac, kobe.....

that team was far from the best lineup US could offer..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:01 pm
nbalive2011 wrote:

So everybody else played great, and they still lost? Well then that about wraps it up eh?

Sure the NBA could have sent KG, O'Neal, Kobe, etc. but do you honestly think they could have done better? I think not. You see, basketball is a TEAM game, and sending your BEST INDIVIDUAL players are not going to help you one bit.

The best chance of the US winning was by sending the NBA champs.

Besides, a lot of the players REFUSED to play for the US. Talk about love for country eh?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 694Location: LotuslandJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:36 am
Chuck__187 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:
china knows how to train world-class ping pong players, but when it comes to basketball, they are still in the dark.

china is inferior in every aspect you can think of when it comes to the development of a basketball player... diets, trainings, conditioning, opponents, environment, equipment, coaching, etc...

and of course you need to consider yao's incompetance to speak english which ultimately hinders his communication ability w/ team-mates/coaches and impairing team chemistry. if yao was born in america, these problems wouldn't exist.

No argument from me with that. Basketball training is China sucks. But who's to say Yao won't have other problems if he was born in the USA?

I perosnally always believed Yao would have been better off playing for Duke or Uconn or one of the power houses for 1 or 2 years before going into NBA.

But alas that didnt happpen. And now we're in nba phase anyway.

So forget the past.

And nbalive/trickdaddy is a troll.

That's right. And don't feed the trolls. No matter how tempting, don't reply.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:17 pm
HarmLess wrote:
nbalive2011 wrote:

So everybody else played great, and they still lost? Well then that about wraps it up eh?

Sure the NBA could have sent KG, O'Neal, Kobe, etc. but do you honestly think they could have done better? I think not. You see, basketball is a TEAM game, and sending your BEST INDIVIDUAL players are not going to help you one bit.

The best chance of the US winning was by sending the NBA champs.

Besides, a lot of the players REFUSED to play for the US. Talk about love for country eh?

nba allstars > nba champs.

well, NBAers don't really care about olympics anyways.
and the lineup was far from the all-stars.

again, carmelo anthony was to be blamed for the defeat.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:36 pm
nbalive2011 wrote:
nba allstars > nba champs.

well, NBAers don't really care about olympics anyways.
and the lineup was far from the all-stars.

again, carmelo anthony was to be blamed for the defeat.

Excuse me but have you ever watched an allstar game? It's basically a dunkfest. These guys have no chemistry with each other. The NBA Champs would eat the All Stars alive. NBAers don't care about Olympics? Do you know how much flak Team USA got for losing in the Olympics?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:55 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
It's the money, guys. Those kidsplaying in a local park, on the side of a street, in the backyard of a broken house, or on a school playground have a common dream: playing in the NBA. PLaying in the NBA means that they will become an instant millionaire. They would become financially secure for life. To have that dream come true a kid would have to work harder than he could to just beat out the kids out there playing with or against him. The incentives are ultimate. So kids of all ages, races, and genders (there is also a WNBA, you know) are playing. To play basketball, you do not need any equipment except a basketball, which is relatively inexpencsive here in the US. This opens the doors for all the children from poor neighborhoods. The knowledge of basketball is also important. There are literally hundreds of millions of people who used to play bball at a variety of different levels undertand the basic moves: shooting forms, chest passing skills, dribbling, and other moves. They get to watch the great players playing bball on TV and on the local play ground.

Not many other countryies in the world that have these kind of incentives and conditions. For example, in China, only those who have a potential to grow tall will have a chance of being coached (coaches are not as good though). In the massive countryside, a ball or a playground is still rare. They do not think that playing better basketball could bring them better life. Many families took away the playing time of their children early because they consider it a waste of time. Studying is always more important. The school work is heavier than ever. ....

Offline Profile