<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao needs style points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:58 am
User avatarPosts: 87Location: HoustonJoined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:17 pm
The one thing I want Yao to do is dunk harder. That stick Mihm should've never been able to foul him on that last play, his hand would've been broken if he fouled Shaq like that. That's why no one dare tried to block/foul Shaq when he is dunking under the basket. I think Yao can grow into that mentality and add some more meat in a a couple years to achieve that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:00 am
Hybone wrote:
The one thing I want Yao to do is dunk harder. That stick Mihm should've never been able to foul him on that last play, his hand would've been broken if he fouled Shaq like that. That's why no one dare tried to block/foul Shaq when he is dunking under the basket. I think Yao can grow into that mentality and add some more meat in a a couple years to achieve that.

eXactly, shoulda broken the hand and end his career and given that boy a facial and get the W.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:00 am
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
But Yao isn't Shaq. He doesn't have Shaq's power. Most players have a hard time scoring when they're fouled. That's why you rarely see 1+ the bucket free throws.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:28 am
the "hood" argument is getting old

these days most of these kids are identified as potential basketball stars when they're 12, 13 years old. with coaches, agents and boosters pampering them, sheltering them and catering to their every whim 24/7 very few of these guys actually grew up deprived. if any of you all are immigrants you probably had a harder time coming up than most of these nba stars.

a guy who had it the hardest is a guy like rodman, who basically was written off and grew up homeless. but even he was raised by white people in rural arkansas... basically opposite of what the media etc would consider growing up "in the hood"

probably the "hardest" players are the foreigners, particularly from eastern europe like AK, where the social system has totally broken down, the countries are dominated and intimidated by mafia-like groups and the influence and importance of basketball is much smaller than in the US. but even then I'm sure top prospects in sports clubs are well taken care of... by their standards

as for yao. he's playing as hard as he can. I just dont think he has a lot of meanness in him. I mean his life has been a dream so far, where can he draw his aggression from? I dont believe he's had many setbacks in his life and his mentality is positive, generous and magnaminous like a little prince. which is great for marketing and being a hero but has its drawbacks in the nba.

things like agression aren't something you can learn nor is it something you can turn on and off. yao's just a mellow guy and that has nothing to do with being chinese. I think a lot of posters here would be uncomfortable with how an "aggressive" yao might behave outside the court in houston or with the bureaucrats and morons in the CBA. why do you think so many sports stars have such hard time IRL with agressive, antisocial behaior. it's not because they're somehow stupider or weak morally. that kind of ****** is hard to regulate on and off the court.

yao's gonna be the kind of player and human being yao's gonna be. you sound like a bunch of women trying to change the one thing in their husbands they dont like... you cant go changing parts of a person's personality as you see fit... that's just not how life works

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:18 pm
yaodizzle wrote:
Yao needs more style points to look intimidating, i like that black brace and the red baller id that he has going on right now, may be we can get him a similar one just like AI's except shorter, get a "dragon" tatoo all over his right fore arm, just like in that one japanese cartoon, "Y" on the Left tricep, "M" on the right tricep, "I love my mom and dad" on the leftside of his chest, "@$$ kicker" in chinese on his right arm, a picture of a tiger on his left arm that looks excatly like the one on the LSU logo, where the tiger is trying to jump out from the name "YAO", and a big ol " Ya dig?" sign spelled down wards all the way to his wrist on the left fore arm. And then he should get those finger supporters that KG and KOBE has that says "The Dynasty." Last but not the least, get a big @$$ chinese flag tatoo on his back and then he is set.

lol.. but no, all he need is a dragon tatoo on his back n a tiger tatoo on his chest.. some craps like snakes n stuffs on his arm, that's enough.. when he get hot, rip off the shirt n start playin street ball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:19 pm
while he's at it.. he need to grow an afro too

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:10 am
User avatarPosts: 554Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:15 am
more meat, afro, beard, tattoos...

sounding like a washed up asian gangsta in the 60's... :lol:

Offline Profile WWW