<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  yang yi's yao interview on sina.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:08 am
pryuen wrote:
Here you go with the Interview. :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

Quote:

I'm more surprised at his ball passing. He really knows how to pass out his balls beautifully.

LMAO! Great translating Pryuen. Keep it up for us non-chinese speaking folks here :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:30 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
Quote:
Yao Ming: I've told them that it is no good for me to set those picks now. Once I set up the pick, I run in and very often I can't catch their pass. If I stay put, then it is too far away that my jumpers won't fall. So what happened today in the 4th quarter, they just let me attack from the low post.

Yes, no more stupid picks!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:32 am
OOLONG48 wrote:
Quote:
Yao Ming: I've told them that it is no good for me to set those picks now. Once I set up the pick, I run in and very often I can't catch their pass. If I stay put, then it is too far away that my jumpers won't fall. So what happened today in the 4th quarter, they just let me attack from the low post.

Yes, no more stupid picks!

Yao should play his power game in the post. There he can score on his opponents every time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:36 am
Oh, I hate the pick and roll with Yao... never seems to work. More lob to the hoop and have Yao catch and dunk, or someone pick off Yao's defender for a change.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:36 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
then who the hell asked yao to set those picks anyway? Rudy? JVG? SF?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:11 am
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
blooped wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Here you go with the Interview. :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

Quote:

I'm more surprised at his ball passing. He really knows how to pass out his balls beautifully.

LMAO! Great translating Pryuen. Keep it up for us non-chinese speaking folks here :lol:

LOL! How many balls does TMac have to pass anyway? :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:08 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
HarmLess wrote:

Well, in the Memphis match, according to another sina.com article, there were at least 7 times that T-Mac dished ball out to Yao Ming, and they were so lightning fast, that Yao Ming fumbled on 2 of those, and did not convert most of them.

But as Yao said in the Yang Yi interview, once he gets accustomed to T-Mac's passes, he is confident that he can put them away in the low post with one step.

By the way, in the other sina.com articles, it did mentioned the "inconveniences" the black brace supporter brought to Yao Ming's shooting:-

:arrow: The brace supporter was not just one of these elastic rubber bands.
:arrow: It has 2 steel plates in it, protecting his elbow, but at the same time, limiting the way that he could lift his left arm; he could not lift his left arm above his head.
:arrow: Yao Ming had to always adjust his brace supporter during the game as it kept slipping downward as it started to be soaked with Yao Ming's sweat.
:arrow: The brace supporter weighed > 2kg (when soaked with the sweat)
:arrow: He was mad with himself and the brace supporter and threw it heavily onto the gound during his 5th foul in the Memphis Grizzlies match, and JVG told him not to use his brace supporter as his excuse for a poor shooting game.
:arrow: In the King's match, he was determined to prove himself that his injured left arm and the clumsy brace supporter would not hinder the Rockets for snatching a win for the first home game in their own Toyota Centre. He told himself that in order to win, it is important to have the mentality to win
:arrow: He was full of fighting spirit right at the beginning of the match as he chest-bumped with Bostjan Nachbar during the player introduction.
:arrow: Yao Ming said his arm ligament is recovering well, but per medical advice from the team doctor, he had to continue wearing the brace supporter for another 9 days i.e. during the next 3 matches with Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves and LA Lakers.
:arrow: Now he starts to worry that after this 9 days, he would need to readjust to losing this extra 2Kg weight on his left arm.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:11 am
Another great piece Pryuen. Seems like JVG is a real no-nonsense guy. I can imagine how hard it is to adapt to an extra 2 KG load on your arm.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:21 am
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:
HarmLess wrote:

Well, in the Memphis match, according to another sina.com article, there were at least 7 times that T-Mac dished ball out to Yao Ming, and they were so lightning fast, that Yao Ming fumbled on 2 of those, and did not convert most of them.

But as Yao said in the Yang Yi interview, once he gets accustomed to T-Mac's passes, he is confident that he can put them away in the low post with one step.

By the way, in the other sina.com articles, it did mentioned the "inconveniences" the black brace supporter brought to Yao Ming's shooting:-

:arrow: The brace supporter was not just one of these elastic rubber bands.
:arrow: It has 2 steel plates in it, protecting his elbow, but at the same time, limiting the way that he could lift his left arm; he could not lift his left arm above his head.
:arrow: Yao Ming had to always adjust his brace supporter during the game as it kept slipping downward as it started to be soaked with Yao Ming's sweat.
:arrow: The brace supporter weighed > 2kg (when soaked with the sweat)
:arrow: He was mad with himself and the brace supporter and threw it heavily onto the gound during his 5th foul in the Memphis Grizzlies match, and JVG told him not to use his brace supporter as his excuse for a poor shooting game.
:arrow: In the King's match, he was determined to prove himself that his injured left arm and the clumsy brace supporter would not hinder the Rockets for snatching a win for the first home game in their own Toyota Centre. He told himself that in order to win, it is important to have the mentality to win
:arrow: He was full of fighting spirit right at the beginning of the match as he chest-bumped with Bostjan Nachbar during the player introduction.
:arrow: Yao Ming said his arm ligament is recovering well, but per medical advice from the team doctor, he had to continue wearing the brace supporter for another 9 days i.e. during the next 3 matches with Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves and LA Lakers.
:arrow: Now he starts to worry that after this 9 days, he would need to readjust to losing this extra 2Kg weight on his left arm.

LOL Cmon pryuen, don't tell me you didn't get what blooped and I meant by BALLS.... :lol:

Anyway, seriously, I saw that part where Yao threw his armbrace to the floor in disgust. Someone was handing it back to him and he was refusing it, like he didn't want to wear it again... :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:21 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
pryuen wrote:

then wear it all the way till the end of the season. it's cool

Offline Profile WWW