<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Does Yao still post after games?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:44 am
User avatarPosts: 134Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:50 pm
Remember how he usually post at his official forum after games and Pryuen and Sinoball would translate them for us? Does anyone know if he still does his regular posting there? Even after some of the home pre-season games, I haven't heard of any news of him posting.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:28 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
noizy wrote:
Remember how he usually post at his official forum after games and Pryuen and Sinoball would translate them for us? Does anyone know if he still does his regular posting there? Even after some of the home pre-season games, I haven't heard of any news of him posting.

He did periodically popped in and visited his official yaoming.net chat room and posted short posts there. For instance, he wrote something about the Olympic and posted a 7-day diary during the China Games.

But the yaoming.net chatroom has merged into the sohu chat room, and it is no longer easy to trace what he posted.....
and I admitted I had been lazy !!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:44 am
pryuen wrote:
He did periodically popped in and visited his official yaoming.net chat room and posted short posts there. For instance, he wrote something about the Olympic and posted a 7-day diary during the China Games.

But the yaoming.net chatroom has merged into the sohu chat room, and it is no longer easy to trace what he posted.....
and I admitted I had been lazy !!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

You are really joking.... You have been lazy? At least not here for sure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Well, Yao Ming made his first post of the season on his chatroom. And I think it was a great one to share with all that like or dislike him.

So don't ever say Yao Ming does not want to win or he does not want NBA championship ring !!

Yao Ming wrote:

The new season had begun. I did not play well in our first 3 away games. The Rockets lost 2 and won 1; and even for that win, it looks like I had nothing to do with it; at least it seemed so in the statistics (of the match). Well, we won over the Kings in over time after we returned home, and I had a great game.

After the game, when I was at home, I had been surfing the net and read a lot of the match summaries and fans comments. For the first 3 matches, it looked as if I will be benched and doomed from now on. After the win over the Kings, it was a 180 degree attitude change; all kind of praises; it looks as if for us to win the championship is just a piece of cake.

Actually, netiher have I become that worthless or have I become that dominant that we could just causally become the NBA champion. As I had said in my autobiography: "Basktball is competitive; there is no guaranteed easy way out to win; one must run, tumble and crawl, give his all on the court and strive for the win." Whether it is the Olympic or now in NBA, it is the same. All I can do now is to play every game to the best of my abilities and strive for victory.

Every sports competition will end either a victory or a defeat, but it should never be "the winner is the king and the loser is the thief" 成者王侯败者寇. Great NBA players like Barkley, Ewing, Malone and Stockton never got their championship rings; but they had given their unremitting all in their endeavours; similarly they were heroes; at least that is what I thought. Although that was my belief, it does not mean that I do not want to win the NBA championship. I had been working diligently towards that goal; same goal from top to down in the Rockets.

I knew many of my fans and the media are continuously scrutinizing my performance (on court). I thank everybody for your affection. But I do not like unprincipled disparaging, and I hate unlimited flattering. To me, your continuous care and attention will become my motivation to "run, tumble and crawl" to win.

Many people had shown concern about my ligament injury; I am fine, except that brace supporter is just irritable; there are steel plates inside the barce supporter to protect the elbow; it weigh more than 1 Kg; it seemed like you're shooting with a sandbag tied onto your arm. What makes it worst and more irritating is that once into the match, it will be soaked with sweat. But anyway, I have to wear it, because my ligament has just healed. I feel fortunate that I can say goodbye to it in another 10 days.

I knew all of my fans have infinite anticipation to this combination of me and T-Mac. But we need more time. Michael Jordan had to wait for 7 years before he and his team mates built the Bulls dynasty. The OK (Note: O'Neal + Kobe)combination was formed as early as 1996; it took another 3 years before the Laker dynasty began in 2000. Perhaps we can build a new dynasty, but we need time. But surely I do not want to wait that long like Michael Jordan.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:47 am
I just hate this great post of Yao Ming on his offical yaoming.net chatroom went unnoticed, got drown in all the other thread/posts in this forum.

A couple of things here:

:arrow: Yao Ming does have a champion's heart. He wants to win, regardless he runs, tumbles or crawls.

:arrow: He dislikes unprincipled disparaging and hates unlimited flattering from his fans.

:arrow: He is pleading patience from his fans for time to gel with T-Mac and his team mates for the MM Dynasty (Ming & McGrady)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
prop for yao's posting.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:35 pm
The MM dynasty will come soon, if T-mac is able to stay healthy for the whole season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 291Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:46 pm
superjohn wrote:
The MM dynasty will come soon, if T-mac is able to stay healthy for the whole season.

i dont expect t-mac to play more than 60 games this yr.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:49 pm
nbalive2011 wrote:
superjohn wrote:

i dont expect t-mac to play more than 60 games this yr.
At least we have seen that Yao is willing and able to step up when Tmac is not playing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Pryuen,

Has Yao actually posted a reply to a thread topic in this forum site? I am sure he reads the threads from time to time. :shock:

Offline Profile WWW