<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Request: Pictures of Yao with Parents

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:34 am
User avatarPosts: 39Location: Dayton, OHJoined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:16 am
I am working on a slide-show for education classes that I'm taking in night school. I would like to have some pictures of Yao Ming with his parents because I want to talk about the effectiveness of parent involvement in a child's life.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding such pictures. Can anybody give me a few pictures or provide links to pictures? I would really appreciate any help. :D :D

Matt

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:13 am
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
Go to the bookstore and check out the pictures in Yaos biography.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:28 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
mvblair wrote:
I am working on a slide-show for education classes that I'm taking in night school. I would like to have some pictures of Yao Ming with his parents because I want to talk about the effectiveness of parent involvement in a child's life.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding such pictures. Can anybody give me a few pictures or provide links to pictures? I would really appreciate any help. :D :D

Matt

Matt

I really wanted to help.....but no luck so far.

There are a couple of Yao Ming's parents pictures at the courtside (as follows), but I have yet to find one that they are together !!!

But as far as his parents' influence on Yao Ming as a kid, maybe you could read the following excerpt from Yao Ming's autobiography:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ao/excerpt

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:34 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Matt

FINALLY !!!
:shock: :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

I remembered seeing these before. It took me a while to dig them out again from the Internet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:42 am
User avatarPosts: 1008Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:26 pm
Those are some nice pics pryuen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:09 am
Yao's grandpa is 200cm.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 39Location: Dayton, OHJoined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:16 am
Thanks so much for the pictures, Pryuen. Those really help a lot. I will use the picture of Yao and his parents on the sofa. :)

It's great to see a young man like Yao give respect to his parents in the media. I really wish that more players did that. A lot do, like David Robinson, Vince Carter, and even Shaq. But so many players are so concerned with their image that they ignore their families.

Just another reason to like Yao. :D

Matt

Offline Profile WWW YIM