<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  What shall we believe from Yang Yi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
pryuen wrote:
...... the beloved basketball voice of China Central Television, a man so popular that he simply goes by the name "Big Xu" - the D ick Vitale of China.
Vitale is a joke; a butt for ridicules

Vitale is the same moron who declared that "Yao is the second coming of LaRue Martin' 'nuff sed

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bblock12000 wrote:
Vitale is a joke; a butt for ridicules.

Vitale is the same moron who declared that "Yao is the second coming of LaRue Martin' 'nuff sed

LOL.... then forget about the reference to D ick Vitale. I just used it as Big Xu was so referenced by Mark Kreidler of the Sacramento Bee in his most recent article: China Games are All that Stern Imagined

Mark Kreidler of the Sacramento Bee wrote:

Xu Jicheng, the beloved basketball voice of China Central Television, a man so popular that he simply goes by the name "Big Xu" - the D ick Vitale of China, if you can stand to think in such terms - was introduced to David Stern. Xu, a man of Bill Waltonesque enthusiasm, promptly informed Stern that China could become the NBA's second-biggest market after the U.S., if properly approached.

Stern's reply, according to Xu: "It should be the first."

The above conversation took place 7 years ago during the NBA Finals in Salt Lake City, when Big Xu was sent to there for CCTV coverage.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
And after reading thoroughly about what Xu Jicheng has done for the development of Chinese basketball from Fran Blinebury's article, and having received such negative comments of D ick Vitale from you guys.... I guess I owed Big Xu an apology for associating him with this D ick who d@ssed Yao Ming in his rookie season. :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

[quote="Fran Blinebury on Houston Chronicle"][color=darkred][i]

Oct. 17, 2004, 1:03AM

NBA's China success has a name: Big Xu
By FRAN BLINEBURY
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

BEIJING - Pick up the remote control, punch the power switch, and they are all over the American airwaves

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 141Location: Yao's hometownJoined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm
tanhuan wrote:
pryuen wrote:

BTW, did you read what Yao Ming wrote as a congratulatory article to Yang Yi on the inaugural issue of his new enterpreneurship: Basketball Pioneers, and provide him with how he and Liu Wei had grown up as boyhood buddy and shared great love and dreams about basketball ??

Yao probably will be too nice to think evil of him, but to me, Yang is using him.

I am not sure who the guy Yang is,but i know there are lots of socalled journalists are using Yao,some of them were YAO'S nursery or primary school mates,they have the same of YAO's age,just look at the journalists of Shanghai Grant Sports,they are all very yang,claim to be Yao's friends.I just wondering why they hire these inexperienced poops.Why don't they hire some veterans like Big Xue or Bill Walton???who know what basketball game is ???At the rest time of the Beijing game,they young ugly journalist who is also in "Yao Team" in the US interviewed Stern with his broken English,he stupidly asked Stern Babout the question which had been asked millions of times"Mr,David,will you have some the regular games played here before 2008?"I can saw Stern was not so happy about this question.And the journlist just did know what to say after this question.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:16 pm
Posts: 141Location: Yao's hometownJoined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm
pryuen wrote:
[color=darkred][i]

"I explained the difference between the shape of the NBA lane and the (trapezoid) lane of international basketball," he said. "I tried to tell the fans why a coach did something or why a player did something. I began to get letters and calls telling me how much they liked what I was doing. They said it allowed them to actually understand the sport, not just the spectacle."

Quote:

touching story

Offline Profile