<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  What shall we believe from Yang Yi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:24 pm
In the past a few months we Yao fans have to notice a Chinese reporter Yang Yi who transformed himself from a basketball columnist into the official speaker of Yao by revealing tons of inside stories of the basketball super star.

Many of his stories are very controversial including the previous bad mouth at TMAC and the recent story in relation to Lauren Jackson.

I hope Yao Ming will read my post one day and stop his so-called buddy's immoral act.

Many Yao's fans are very confused about what Yao Ming thinks in those matters and why he keeps a friend like Yang.

Yang Yi is a double-edged sword to Yao although he described Yao as a Saint.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
life wrote:
In the past a few months we Yao fans have to notice a Chinese reporter Yang Yi who transformed himself from a basketball columnist into the official speaker of Yao by revealing tons of inside stories of the basketball super star.

Many of his stories are very controversial including the previous bad mouth at TMAC and the recent story in relation to Lauren Jackson.

I hope Yao Ming will read my post one day and stop his so-called buddy's immoral act.

RELAX.

:arrow: First, it's not just the past few months. Yang Yi has been following Yao Ming for years, and have great personal friendship.

:arrow: Second, I don't think he wrote articles recently bad mouthing T-Mac. Or did I miss reading it ??

:arrow: Third, he did not menion the player at Seattle Storm is Lauren Jackson, and in fact, his article just showed us how loyal Yao Ming is to his girl friend Ye Li, as he politely told the friend of that player who relayed the message that he already had a girl friend, and flatly rejected the offer.

If what Yang Yi has written is immoral and not reflecting truth/facts, do you think Yao Ming will keep him as a friend, and continue to entertain his interview requests ??
Besides, I don't think it is for us, Yao Ming's fans to influence him how he chose his friends.

BTW, did you read what Yao Ming wrote as a congratulatory article to Yang Yi on the inaugural issue of his new enterpreneurship: Basketball Pioneers, and provide him with how he and Liu Wei had grown up as boyhood buddy and shared great love and dreams about basketball ??

http://china.sina.com.tw/sports/k/p/200 ... 9166.shtml

http://sports.sohu.com/20041012/n222437093.shtml

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:17 pm
First of all, I never said the friendship between Yang and Yao started until recently. What I actually said is Yang behavored like an official speaker of Yao lately.

Secondly, Yang Yi published a very controversial article on Sina blaming TMAC not to initialize the conversation with Yao since he had been traded to Huston. In addition, he even drew the conclusion that TMAC should call Yao Ming in the first place because Houston is Yao's team.

Thirdly, although Yang didn't call "Lauren Jackson"'s name in the article but what about " the famous sexy Seattle Storm player" as part of the statement?

Isn't it enough to let any basketball fan figure out who she is?

Shall I write something about Yao Ming with sentence like "the famous Chinese NBA super-star who has huge crush on lauren Jackson"?

Please do not promote Yang's newspaper business here because it is the place to celebrate Yao Ming's achievement instead of Yang's.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:28 am
User avatarPosts: 606Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 pm
Also please get that ****** out of your *****.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
Yang Li has a vagina.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:01 pm
wudude wrote:
Yang Li has a vagina.

WTF....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:57 am
User avatarPosts: 213Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:34 pm
pryuen wrote:

BTW, did you read what Yao Ming wrote as a congratulatory article to Yang Yi on the inaugural issue of his new enterpreneurship: Basketball Pioneers, and provide him with how he and Liu Wei had grown up as boyhood buddy and shared great love and dreams about basketball ??

http://china.sina.com.tw/sports/k/p/200 ... 9166.shtml

So, Yang has his own newspaper now? Where did you learn Yang, Yao and Liu grow up together?

From what I had learned, Yang maybe a good friend of Yao, but his reports didn't do much good to Yao. Yang is not a professional journalist IMO, since he wrote his articles in a way like fictions: He pieces together scenes to creat a imagine like Yao is sitting next to him, whispering to him; he intervenes little materials from Yao or anybody else with his own speculations and suggests, implies, misleads person to think they are Yao's opinion. There is little news or analysis from his articels, yet he pretends to be Yao's spokeperson.

He is a smart writer, and he knows he can get away with it from legal problem, even convince Yao his intention is good. Yao probably will be too nice to think evil of him, but to me, Yang is using him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:16 am
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
life wrote:
What shall we believe from Yang Yi?.
should not believe these claims asserted by him

:arrow: WZZ was not given opportunities in the NBA; never mind that WZZ has been lazy and conducts himself as a prima donna
:arrow: All NBA greats, HOF, has long wingspans and do not have large buttocks; never mind Elgin Baylor, Bob Lanier, Moses Malone, Charles Barkley.

he pretends , in his columns, to have the inside scoop on the NBA.
:arrow: don't think he speaks good enough English to communicate w NBA ballers, coaches, GMs, etc.
:arrow: don't think he knows that much basketball---insofar as NBA history, definitely knows little.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
tanhuan wrote:

So, Yang has his own newspaper now? Where did you learn Yang, Yao and Liu grow up together?

Well, please read my original post carefully. Yang Yi does not grow up together with Yao Ming and Liu Wei together. Yang Yi is not a Shanghainese.

I was saying Yao Ming provided Yang Yi information about how he and Liu Wei grew up together as team mates from the training academia and Shanghai Sharks for the past 10 years.

And Basketball Pioneers is not owned by Yang Yi. Basketball Pioneers is funded by Guangzhou Daily, and run and managed by a group of famous sports journalists, including Yang Yi and Big Xu , i.e. Xu Jicheng (who Fran Blinebury wrote recently), the beloved basketball voice of China Central Television, a man so popular that he simply goes by the name "Big Xu" - the D ick Vitale of China.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:41 pm
it pains me to hear Big Xu described as the D ick Vitale of China, 'cause DVitale is such a loud, obnoxious blowhorn. I hope that Big Xu isn't like him!

Offline Profile WWW