<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  What sort of person does yao ming hit you as?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:53 am
User avatarPosts: 299Location: MalaysiaJoined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:35 am
whoops not caojiong... i meant to say disaffected... sorry about that

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:53 am
Yea well, laugh all you want but there is a lot people in America that actually think that way. Me on the other hand (assuming I had kids) I wouldn't put up with excuses, whining, or any other bullshit. Yes indeed I would spank my child, that is how I was raised and I turned out okay. I am not saying going around and smacking your kid in the face, or giving him/her a black eye because that truly is abuse. But I am just disgusted at the lack of discipline/ or spoiling children rotten that takes place over here. And I am not saying that every parent over here is like this...but a lot are and you can tell when you go to the grocery store and an 8 year old boy will knock all the stuff off the aisle and that parents don't do anything. Alot a people say this started with Dr. Benjamin Spock's ideas, but I don't know I didn't live back then....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:58 am
was laughing at cao jiong for saying all that stuff about him being sweet and everything

was agreeing with you disaffected... just to clear that out

i think smacking children is accpetable... but not slapping them across the face...giving them broken ribs and all

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:58 pm
Mandara,

Okay I thought you were reffering to laughing at my post when you said..
Mandara wrote:

My mistake...sorry

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:08 am
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
yao ming will never hit me. he's the most gentle person in the nba.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
I think the most important thing to remember is this:
If you're going to spank your child, NEVER do it in anger. Wait until you've cooled down, go in, explain why he's fixin to get it, then whale the tar out of the little SOB!
It just seems to me that when you spank your child when you're angry, you're just venting your own frustration, not "disciplining" him. Also, it teaches them that hitting when you're angry is acceptable.
But it's hard to remember that, sometimes. I'm the mother of three prepubecent girls, and sometimes I want to take a machine-gun to them! :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
xraymom wrote:
If you're going to spank your child, NEVER do it in anger. Wait until you've cooled down, go in, explain why he's fixin to get it, then whale the tar out of the little SOB!

Good point. Excessive physical abuse can cause permanent psychological damage.

xraymom wrote:
I'm the mother of three prepubecent girls, and sometimes I want to take a machine-gun to them! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:07 pm
Disaffected wrote:
Mandara,

Okay I thought you were reffering to laughing at my post when you said..
Mandara wrote:

My mistake...sorry

No problem...i should have been more specific :)

Mandara

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:13 pm
xraymom wrote:
It just seems to me that when you spank your child when you're angry, you're just venting your own frustration, not "disciplining" him. Also, it teaches them that hitting when you're angry is acceptable.
But it's hard to remember that, sometimes. I'm the mother of three prepubecent girls, and sometimes I want to take a machine-gun to them! :lol:

I think it is also very important that one should let their kids know that your love towards them is unconditional.... doesn't mean that if they make a boo boo that you don't love them.give them the silent treatment and give yourself to cool down and then tell them something like

"I love you always but right now.... i don't like you very much" LoL ok maybe not that... i robbed that off matthew mcconaughey's mother. but yeah something along the lines.

in malaysia ... some parents slap the misbehaving child in the face in public and then tell them to piss off cos they don't love them any more.... i think thats really wrong.

oo and leave the disciplining done at home....

this is beginning to sound like a parent support forum. and i am not even a parent LoL

Mandara

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:14 pm
xraymom wrote:

I think it is also very important that one should let their kids know that your love towards them is unconditional.... doesn't mean that if they make a boo boo that you don't love them.give them the silent treatment and give yourself to cool down and then tell them something like

"I love you always but right now.... i don't like you very much" LoL ok maybe not that... i robbed that off matthew mcconaughey's mother. but yeah something along the lines.

in malaysia ... some parents slap the misbehaving child in the face in public and then tell them to piss off cos they don't love them any more.... i think thats really wrong.

oo and leave the disciplining done at home....

this is beginning to sound like a parent support forum. and i am not even a parent LoL

Mandara

Offline Profile YIM