<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  What sort of person does yao ming hit you as?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 299Location: MalaysiaJoined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:35 am
What sort of person do you people think yao ming was when you first saw him? Quiet? Profound?

for me i thought he was the quiet typethat don't mix around too much with riff raffs and really close to his mother.... all about filial piety and stuff... he looks really intense most of the time and of the many pictures i see he doesn't really smile but sort of a cheeky smirk... like he knows something that we don't...

what do you people think?

mandara

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:02 pm
At the start of the season when Yao first arrived in Houston I saw him as a quiet individual that didn't really like all of the cameras stuck in his face. Now at the end of his first season, I still see him as a quiet type but now he has a sense of humor about dealing with the media. Like all the jokes to the reporters, and the annoyance of the media. On the court as the season progressed you could see his confidence grow some which is good...but he still needs to progress with his confidence. I also like to put in that I think Yao is a guy with CLASS. From the way he carried himself with all the pressure and expectations this season, from the racist remarks of Shaq, and how he his trying to help out his fellow Chinese battle SARS. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy is a good role-model....but keep in mind that this is all MY opinion and how I precieve him from what I have seen of him...Hell when the cameras are turned off he might be completley different. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:09 pm
yesh i agree with disaffected..... yao has CLASS :)

i don't know if everyone knows this already but yao did promote something for the mac computers... with the little midget which played in austin powers as mini me... anyone seen thatad?\

Mandara

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:19 am
User avatarPosts: 41Location: Houston, TXJoined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:34 am
Mandara wrote:
yesh i agree with disaffected..... yao has CLASS :)

i don't know if everyone knows this already but yao did promote something for the mac computers... with the little midget which played in austin powers as mini me... anyone seen thatad?\

Mandara

Yep, it was a commercial for laptops... pretty cute :D

Yao struck me as very well-mannered and sensible guy, and not greedy. You don't ever see him hog the ball do you? Heh... also modest... gosh, can't think of one bad thing about him... except maybe not aggressive at times but he did get that technical that one time..... hmm...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
I think he's taught us all a lesson in the difference between two cultures. I mean sure, us vulgar Americans have always known that the Asian culture is beautiful and graceful (yes, and wise), but not many of us have had the opprotunity to study one individual raised that way, as we've been able to do with Yao. I'll tell you this, if all Asian men are like Yao, you can sign me up! :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:45 pm
most asian men are like yao....but you also have the black sheep those that are chauvenistic pigs who think that women are just an object of pleasure... but then again thats life... you get that in every culture....

most chinese families bring up their children with morals of filial piety no matter what serving the elders before the youth... and stuff...whats where the younger generation learn to nurture and care... oh and if you're naughty... you can never run away from an angry mother with a cane or belt... hehehe its not called abuse... it's called loving and teaching your child ( but taht sorta love hurts bad.... can't sit for 3 days) of course there are the psychos that over do stuff... now that is abuse....

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 3:15 pm
Mandara wrote:
most asian men are like yao....but you also have the black sheep those that are chauvenistic pigs who think that women are just an object of pleasure... but then again thats life... you get that in every culture....

most chinese families bring up their children with morals of filial piety no matter what serving the elders before the youth... and stuff...whats where the younger generation learn to nurture and care... oh and if you're naughty... you can never run away from an angry mother with a cane or belt... hehehe its not called abuse... it's called loving and teaching your child ( but taht sorta love hurts bad.... can't sit for 3 days) of course there are the psychos that over do stuff... now that is abuse....

In the USA in some parents believe whipping a child with a cane or more less a belt might considered grounds for child abuse. :roll: It is even getting to the point nowdays that even spanking a child (just with bare hands) is being questioned on wether it is right or not....I bet in a few years spanking a child just might be illegal in certain states. :roll: I wonder what kind of society we are becoming. Some kids over here have no respect. Some are spoiled as hell and speak back and/or speaking rude to adults.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:28 am
User avatarPosts: 1725Location: West BankJoined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:11 am
I think Yao

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
Classy, funny, helpful, humble, respectful and not so self-centered or absorbed and really nice

vovy you seem to know me pretty well

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:52 am
caojiong wrote:
Classy, funny, helpful, humble, respectful and not so self-centered or absorbed and really nice

vovy you seem to know me pretty well

LMAO, ROfL... HAhahahahahahahahahahahah hehhehheheh

sorry but that comment got me into a fit of giggles hahahahahahahaehehehehe.... ok < breathes in now> ok hehe...sorry

yeah i don't know i won't go all psycho when educating my kids if i had any... just smacking is ok... its not like i'm gonna stone them to sense.
i mean caojiong is right... some kids nowadays have absoluely no respect what so ever... and when their 5 i think it is the parents that should be blamed...discipline starts at an early age....

which comes to another question.... would you hit your kids...? not like going all psycho once again... but probably smacking on hands and buttocks?

Offline Profile YIM