<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  did yao really say racist comment?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:35 pm
i dunno where to post this topic so ill do it on the "yao off the court; yao's personality" one.

http://nibil.caltech.edu/writings/2003- ... _ming.html

i happend to come across that link when i was googling results for the shaq racist comment against yao. is that link for real?? did yao really say that?? i dont remember reading about that in the newspaper at all!! "NIGGA PLEASE?" WTF!! :?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Vietfobster wrote:
i dunno where to post this topic so ill do it on the "yao off the court; yao's personality" one.

i happend to come across that link when i was googling results for the shaq racist comment against yao. is that link for real?? did yao really say that?? i dont remember reading about that in the newspaper at all!! "NIGGA PLEASE?" WTF!! :?:

That's very very old news. We have had almost 5 pages of heated discussion/debate on that already 4 months ago. You can refer to those discussion in the following link:-

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3314

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:25 pm
ok thanks for clearing that up! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:42 pm
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
lol, it would be funny is Yao did say it though.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:07 pm
My stomach hurts from laughing so hard after read this, hahaha. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:44 pm
whoa whoa dont laugh too hard now!! u might die laughing!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 109Location: canadaJoined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:27 pm
Vietfobster wrote:

What really gets to me is how, despite the fact that it was a satirical piece, some black reader got so riled up about it... HE ACTUALLY THOUGHT that a mock Chinese accent is not offensive, but that the reverse is beyond a sin! The reader is a prime example of ignorance... if anything, blacks should be the ones most offended by Shaq's racist remarks: It's BECAUSE they were discriminated against, forced into slavery, etc., that they should stand up for HUMAN rights, not just BLACK rights!!! He doesn't seem to understand that 'equal rights' means that all humans should have the same rights, not that blacks should have an equal right to treat others as white people treated them so they can get even with the rest of humanity. What a loser. But that was a great link- really enjoyed reading it. Thanks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:57 am
I really did find this fake article to be funny. And I really think it would've been REALLY funny if Yao said " nigga please! ". I can already imagine it, it'll be HILARIOUS!!!!

Imagine this...

Yao: Can I write a check?
Black store clerk: YO! (pointing to the sign that says no checks allowed)
Yao: YAO!
Black Store clerk: YO! (pointing to the sign again)
Yao: NIGGA PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!! I'll give you fried chickens and watermelons.
Black Store clerk: Okay, deal!
Yao: Fo shizzle my nizzle hizzle!

LOL!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:21 am
User avatarPosts: 636Location: Expect more than others think is possible.Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:38 am
i don't know what the fuss is about even if Yao said it. Asians are more black than white in my opinion. Maybe because I grew up in the hood. On the playgrouds and in urban schools, its perfectly normal for blacks to call themselves niggas and they sure didn't mind me calling them niggas. shoot, they would call me nigga sometimes and even some of my asian friends. perhaps its the younger generation and i've heard debates that people nowadays forget the stinging mental injuries this word used to cause in the past. i grew up in a new generation so i don't think so. I think its more detrimental to call someone a monkey than a nigga. in any case, blacks and asians are in the same fight, we're all trying to make american society tilt more in our favor and the only way is to have more minority leaders in govt.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:21 pm
Yea, it's funny and ironic when my Asian homeboys calls me nigga sometimes. It's a habit. We just be like " yo wussup nigga "... u know, things like that. No big deal. :lol:

Offline Profile