<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao and Ye Li, together!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:52 am
pryuen wrote:
Naaaaaah, I felt MUCH AT EASE at YMM instead at the Klutch fan site.

That site has that very little stuff about Yao Ming !!!

...you can post in the other threads too...

...the people there are very nice and they like your posts so you should stay!...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:59 am
User avatarPosts: 134Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:50 pm
Since I'm a poster at both Yaomingmania.com and Klutch forum I will give you my opinion as a Yao/Rockets fan.

First of all I like both forum for different reason and each have their own ups and downs. If I wanted to get the latest news about roster changes or the Rockets in general I would go to Klutch since there're a lot of knowlegeable Rockets fan from all over the world. For example, the first news that T-Mac had officially became a Rockets was from them, and they have proof of it also. Secondly, I'm no basketball ginuess and Klutch is the best place to go if you want to learn more about the game itself(discuss strategy,game plans,etc..). Lastly, you learn more about the NBA in general, so if I ever needed to ask question I will have over 200 active user a day to answer them for me and I will get plenty of quick response in return.

Now if I wanted to find up to the minute news about Yao or anything you could ever wanted to know about him then I would come in here at Yaomingmania.com. Nobody gets the latest news and do a better job on Yao then YMM since this is an all Yao site created by a fan with knowlegeable YM fans around the world posting. The "Detailed Yao Analysis" is worth the price of admission alone.

The thing is, its really unfair to compare the two site because both are created for different reason, and it all depends on what you're looking for...its like comparing apple to oranges, it just doesn't work that way. Actually, the only thing you could compare the two are how each overall function in terms of moderating and setting rules and such. For this I'd have to give the edge to Klutch. Moderating is more strict and frequent, so you would never see too much attacking of another member or other violation and its a little more condense and cleaner when it comes to subject posting where there're no repeats of the same subject matter or else they're locked.

Of course, you might have personal issue with the moderator/fucntion of each of these great forum but no one forum is perfect. Just b/c you don't like one thing or two don't mean you should stop visiting them. I mean, where else you gonna get the best Yao/Rockets information from? If you decided to leave b/c of little things like that , then you're missing out. I admit that I have some issues with both of these forum but I've learn to love them more...

Its really simple:

For Yao Ming information go to Yaomingmania.com
For Rockets information go to the Klutch site.

There's no reason to have a compitition, just enjoy both world while it last.

Last edited by noizy on Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:10 am
noizy wrote:
I mean, where else you gonna get the best Yao/Rockets information from?

www.nbadraft.tk

BTW, I agree with you 100% about everything else you said.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:32 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Noizy

Thanks for the advice.

As I've said in another post to one roc, I'll reconsider my earlier thought about quitting Klutch site.

After all, maybe by more frequent visits there, not necessarily postings but reading, it will help me in enriching my basketball knowledge, as very often, readers/posters here on YMM knew I am completely ignorant in basketball. :shock: :P :oops: :oops: :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 134Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:50 pm
pryuen wrote:
Noizy

Thanks for the advice.

As I've said in another post to one roc, I'll reconsider my earlier thought about quitting Klutch site.

After all, maybe by more frequent visits there, not necessarily postings but reading, it will help me in enriching my basketball knowledge, as very often, readers/posters here on YMM knew I am completely ignorant in basketball. :shock: :P :oops: :oops: :oops:

No problem, glad I could make a difference some what...

Its poster like you that makes posting on YMM worth while for everyone, so keep up the good work will yah? :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 397Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:17 pm
pryuen wrote:

BTW, where have you been ??? You should come and frequent YMM MORE OFTEN !!!! :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

I am here almost everyday. :oops: I was lurking. :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:15 am
User avatarPosts: 971Location: New York & PhilippinesJoined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:17 pm
No, I just think long to shoulder length hair is attractive. But thats just MY opinion. Im sure Yao wouldn't go for the long dark hair, pale white skin, "goth-girl" look of the type of girls I find attractive. 8) :wink:

Amy Lee from Evanescence.
http://evanescence.wz.cz/galerie/images/amy_lee.jpg

http://evanescence.wz.cz/galerie/images ... 20%20-.jpg

Actually... she looks a little bit like my Israeli babe. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:10 am
I don't get it not meant as a criticism just curious.
Why are so many people in this site interested in Yao's love life,

I mean I am a fan of his because of his great basketball ability.
but his love life mean absolutely nothing to me.

and I just wonder why there are so many threads here about Ye etc.

Just think it's not an interesting topic.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:08 am
User avatarPosts: 29Location: EgyptJoined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:44 am
Yao love Ye???
YY combo???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
For those who think Ye Li would look better in long hair, you'll be p@ssed that she has further trimmed her hair short BEFORE the China Women national team left for Belgrade for the FIBA Diamond Ball tournament. :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile