<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  YAO'S GAME IMAGE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:41 pm
While playing as the Houston Rockets in NBA Live 2003, I noticed that Yao Ming's player image was designed with blue eyes, instead of black (everything else seems right - height, hair, skin, etc.) I just wanted to mention this peculiar fact to you all. Was it an honest mistake? Or...

I have included a link to one image from the game in which Yao is kissing the championship trophy after the Rockets swept the Celtics 4-0 in the playoffs (thanks to my coaching ingenuity! :) ) This one doesn't show the eyes, but I'll try to screen-shot one that does show it soon.

(Use the link below to view Yao)
http://groups.msn.com/Gamesandchesstips/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=15

Last edited by seigeless on Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:52 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:09 pm
hi, can u tell me whether YM appears in NBA Live 2003 for PlayStation 2?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:07 am
i can answer the question by myself - no, he doesn't appear on NBA Live 2003. but i created one, haha.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:35 pm
tomii wrote:
i can answer the question by myself - no, he doesn't appear on NBA Live 2003. but i created one, haha.

Yea I did the same thing. 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:17 pm
Posts: 94Location: LOS ANGELESJoined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:28 pm
WHich NBA LIVE 2003 are you talking about?!?! I don't see Yaoming on it!? seigeless.. please tell me cause i NEED FOR YAO TO DUNK ON SHAQ!! haha...
NBA STREET VOL.2 IS KRazZi.. but too easy.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 54Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:30 pm
Well, it's like this guys...Yao Ming does and does not appear in the 2003 Live video game. Upon release of the game, Yao Ming was in fact not in the video game. However, through the network adapter which you buy separately for PS2, you can download updated rosters. These updated roster will have Yao Ming in them. But here's the part that sucks, the computer animation looks nothing like Yao Ming. The reason is because, they can only use the graphics they had when they first released the game which as I have said before does not have Yao Ming in it. If you ever download the roster, you will notice that, the annoucers will only refer to Yao as number 11 and never call him by his name. Also if you look at his vitals, you will see him listed as 275 instead of 296. The reason is because at 296, the players in the game look a lot bigger than Yao Mind. Hence to compensate for the game pre-programmed settings, they had to create Yao Ming for the updated roster at 275 looking like some white boy with a clean combed haircut (not crew cut like in real life).

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 54Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:30 pm
Well, it's like this guys...Yao Ming does and does not appear in the 2003 Live video game. Upon release of the game, Yao Ming was in fact not in the video game. However, through the network adapter which you buy separately for PS2, you can download updated rosters. These updated roster will have Yao Ming in them. But here's the part that sucks, the computer animation looks nothing like Yao Ming. The reason is because, they can only use the graphics they had when they first released the game which as I have said before does not have Yao Ming in it. If you ever download the roster, you will notice that, the annoucers will only refer to Yao as number 11 and never call him by his name. Also if you look at his vitals, you will see him listed as 275 instead of 296. The reason is because at 296, the players in the game look a lot bigger than Yao Mind. Hence to compensate for the game pre-programmed settings, they had to create Yao Ming for the updated roster at 275 looking like some white boy with a clean combed haircut (not crew cut like in real life).
I am not sure how it is for XBOX but I imagine that you would need to download new rosters the same way as PS2 since they were released for all platforms at the same time.

Offline Profile WWW