<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao the Video Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:02 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bei jing boy wrote:
yes, yao like play warcraft, when he is in shanghai shake he always play warcraft with his teammate.
but what disappointed, i think yao dosen't play it with his teammate in rox.
i dont thing francise and mobley and someone in rox like pc game.

and i think yao's favorite is Cs.
because,when you play CS you could have some tactics or strategy such as you are playing basketball. especaly when you play CS 5 vs 5.

Beijing Boy, YOU'RE WRONG IN YOUR ASSUMPTION THAT NO ONE IN THE ROX PLAYED PC VIDEO GAMES !!.

Read the following interview with Yao:-

http://www.nba.com/milk_rookie/yao_confcall_030131.html

Q: Everyone knows that you are excellent in playing video games among the basketball players in China. Do you think you can be one of the best video game players among the NBA players?

Yao: I play a lot of video games, but they are different from what other NBA players play. I have seen my teammates played, too, but their styles are different.

Q: We heard Bo Outlaw is one of the best video game players in the league, do you want to play against him?

Yao: (Laughs) OK, can you help set that up for me?

UNQUOTE

Also, read the following article about Bostjan Nachbar.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/s ... ox/1699090

For now, Nachbar's biggest contribution will come from making Yao Ming feel at home. The two rookies, who had heard about each other on the international circuit, hit it off when Yao first arrived from China. And the friendship has grown exponentially with the help of the video game industry.

Nachbar and Yao have developed an addiction to Xbox video games, particularly the shoot-'em-up war game Medal of Honor. The two play against each other during nights on the road and individually on airline flights. And if they have their way, they'll be playing together on flights as well.

"We're trying to get a cable to connect our laptops, so maybe in a few weeks," said Nachbar. "We're both young, and we come from outside of here, so that's one thing that connects us. We're the best friends on the team."

They are buddies on and off the court, but make no mistake -- Nachbar doesn't plan to stake his fame on becoming another player's personal baby-sitter (think Jack Haley and Dennis Rodman).

UNQUOTE

SO, NO WORRY!!! YAO MING GOT ACCOMPANY IN THE ROX TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH, AT LEAST WITH HIS NEW BUDDY, BOSTJAN NACHBAR !!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:33 am
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
basketball players are into consoles
PS2, Cube and Xbox
they are not into PC

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:42 am
caojiong wrote:
PS2, Cube and Xbox
they are not into PC

Best companion for travel

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:18 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
pc games are too sophisticated for them.

caojiong wrote:
PS2, Cube and Xbox
they are not into PC

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
caojiong wrote:
PS2, Cube and Xbox
they are not into PC

Can the PS2, Cube or XBox be on standalone mode ??? I mean I think they need to be connected to a TV or some terminal for display, right ???

What happen if you want to play on-line ?? Can you do that on your PS2, Cube or XBox ??? What kind of connection you need ???

I thought Bostjan Nachbar mentioned about connecting his laptop with Yao Ming's thru cables ???? So, it confused me a bit on how they play their on-line video games ???? They seemed to be playing it thru their laptops ???

ANYWAY, I MUST BE TOO OLD TO UNDERSTAND ALL THESE FADS ANYMORE !!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
pryuen wrote:
caojiong wrote:
PS2, Cube and Xbox
they are not into PC

Can the PS2, Cube or XBox be on standalone mode ??? I mean I think they need to be connected to a TV or some terminal for display, right ???

What happen if you want to play on-line ?? Can you do that on your PS2, Cube or XBox ??? What kind of connection you need ???

I thought Bostjan Nachbar mentioned about connecting his laptop with Yao Ming's thru cables ???? So, it confused me a bit on how they play their on-line video games ???? They seemed to be playing it thru their laptops ???

ANYWAY, I MUST BE TOO OLD TO UNDERSTAND ALL THESE FADS ANYMORE !!!!

damn you are too old

you can buy online adaptors for most console now. that includes PS2, Cube and Xbox, and most games now support online gaming.

what Nach and Yao doing is that they are lanning, using LAN to connect their comp together and go on internet or just 1v1

well those b-ball players are rich, i am sure they can buy those compact crystal clear plasma TV that are portable to go with their consoles.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM