<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Home Sweet Home at Windsor Park Lakes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:53 pm
http://sports.tom.com/1019/1094/2004219-275446.html

An interesting Chinese article by 周靜 (Zhou Jing) on Yao about him feeling right at home in Houston. Buying 1st class air tickets for parents to the ASG. Enjoying the lake outside his bedroom.

Yao is becoming a little more of an American boy now! He just needs to be careful how he spends his money and what hobbies to get into.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:27 pm
stream wrote:

An interesting Chinese article by 周靜 (Zhou Jing) on Yao about him feeling right at home in Houston. Buying 1st class air tickets for parents to the ASG. Enjoying the lake outside his bedroom.

Yao is becoming a little more of an American boy now! He just needs to be careful how he spends his money and what hobbies to get into.

Well, there is no need to worry about that. He turned down Nike's big contract for Reebok's smaller contract, he sued Coke Cola for a dollar, his hobby is playing video games. Does that tell someethng about his spending habits?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 1725Location: West BankJoined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:11 am
Where exactly in Ho-town does he live?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:13 pm
voyd wrote:
Ho-town

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
superjohn wrote:
stream wrote:

Well, there is no need to worry about that. He turned down Nike's big contract for Reebok's smaller contract, he sued Coke Cola for a dollar, his hobby is playing video games. Does that tell someethng about his spending habits?

video game can suck a fortune out of u

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:27 pm
caojiong wrote:
superjohn wrote:
stream wrote:

video game can suck a fortune out of u

So how much have you spent on video games so far? LOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:06 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
superjohn wrote:
stream wrote:

Well, there is no need to worry about that.

I agree. I read somewhere that Yao's parents still do all the housework themselves. Why don't they hire a helper? Frugality. It's in his blood!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:27 pm
voyd wrote:
Where exactly in Ho-town does he live?

I may be wrong but there is a Windsor Park Lakes SW of downtown.
http://www.wplakes.com/WPL-home.html
Try the link and I hope someone can help verify this.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:31 pm
OOLONG48 wrote:
superjohn wrote:
stream wrote:

Well, there is no need to worry about that.

I agree. I read somewhere that Yao's parents still do all the housework themselves. Why don't they hire a helper? Frugality. It's in his blood!

As millions and millions of dollars come Yao's way, his whole family will need four life times to spend it all away in material things.
One thing I fear is gambling, which is evil as hell and makes one's wealth quickly evaporates!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:45 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
OOLONG48 wrote:

Well, I think frugality is in his parents' blood, and not necessarily Yao Ming. :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: When asked by the Chinese press WHY they did not hire a domestic helper, Yao Ming's dad answered: YES, we did. Yao Ming hired us (i.e. Mom and Dad) as his servants to cook and wash and do all the houswork for him !!! :P :P :P :wink:

Offline Profile