<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming interested in buying Clippers, report says

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:03 pm
His uncle owns the Beijing CBA team. right? Maybe directshoot is a billionaire as well.

pryuen wrote:
directshoot wrote:
In China, not so many billionaires I think.

DIRECTSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T !!!:roll: :roll: :roll:

[size=117]China (including Hong Kong and Macau) had 358 billionaires as of end 2013. USA had 481 billionaires.

According to a report published by Wealth-X and UBS back in November 2013, China now has MORE billionaires than any country in the world except the U.S. [color=darkred]Moreover nearly all of the surveyed billionaires are self-made

Last edited by superjohn on Mon May 26, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:03 pm
His uncle owns the Beijing CBA team. right? Maybe directshoot is a billionaire as well.

Last edited by superjohn on Mon May 26, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
His uncle owns the Beijing CBA team. right? Maybe he directshoot is a billionaire as well.

His maternal uncle Yuan Chao 袁超 worked for Beijing Jinyu Capital Steel Ducks for close to 40 years, and had been promoted through the rank as player, assistant coach, coach, Deputy General Manager and now General Manager. That means he is just an EMPLOYEE 打工仔, and he does not OWN the Beijing team.:roll: :roll: :roll:

Besides even if his uncle is a billionaire, his personal net worth has NOTHING TO DO with DirectShoot. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:18 pm
You moron, there are so many Chinese billionaires who are not well known. directshoot sounds like he is one of them

superjohn wrote:
superjohn wrote:

pryuen wrote:
directshoot wrote:

[size=117]China (including Hong Kong and Macau) had 358 billionaires as of end 2013. USA had 481 billionaires.

According to a report published by Wealth-X and UBS back in November 2013, China now has MORE billionaires than any country in the world except the U.S. [color=darkred]Moreover nearly all of the surveyed billionaires are self-made

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 15699Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
supperjeans giving up on Pryuen and jumping ship to Directshoot stalking?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:57 am
Personally, I think a Yao lead team of investors would be the best idea as ownership for the Clippers.

We all know the LA is now a Clippers town, gone are the lakers and kobe, in are the CP3 and the team. This reason alone will generate interests around the potential "buyers".

I personally doubt a team of Yao and asian investors would get this bidding going. This is a pipe dream for China but not so much for US. NBA wont allow this. Take a look at the Nets.

The best ideal situation would be Yao getting majority of investors from US, This will increase Yao's chance as a figure head owner of the team, thus allowing US NBA/investors crack into China's market and Yao back into NBA in some form. This is why I think Grant Hill's name was throw into the mix. Not because he has the money, but he has the connections.

Maybe out of all the rumor potential buyers, Oprah with money and fame is the only one can buy it straight up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:18 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
battousai wrote:

I personally doubt a team of Yao and asian investors would get this bidding going. This is a pipe dream for China but not so much for US. NBA wont allow this. Take a look at the Nets.

The best ideal situation would be Yao getting majority of investors from US, This will increase Yao's chance as a figure head owner of the team, thus allowing US NBA/investors crack into China's market and Yao back into NBA in some form. This is why I think Grant Hill's name was throw into the mix. Not because he has the money, but he has the connections.

Well, I think you mixed up the information available so far.:roll: :roll: :roll:

Grant Hill is forming HIS OWN consortium to bid for LA Clippers. It has NOTHING to do with what Yao is doing.

Don't think Yao Ming has the NECESSARY CONNECTIONS in US to form such a consortium.

And I don't think NBA will object to Chinese owning a NBA team. Since Yao Ming's retirement, the NBA fever in China had died down. NBA does want to get the Chinese market back.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:18 am
That's scary. China will take over this planet!!
I think HK and Macau contribute a lot to the total number of billionaires. But the statistics is still amazing.

This is what we call China rising in US.

Are you one of them, Pryshit?

pryuen wrote:
directshoot wrote:

Last edited by directshoot on Tue May 27, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:20 am
And with that being said, normal Chinese people are still very very poor. This number just shows us how great the gap is between the rich and the poor in China.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:22 am
User avatarPosts: 15699Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Supperjean need to know your networth so he know who to stalk.

Offline Profile