<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Houston Chronicle blogger Ren Hsieh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:28 pm
Hey who is Ren Hsieh. Or which poster is he? He always quotes/references the forum in his blogs, so I'm assuming he's a regular poster or maybe lurker.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:05 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
escadawg wrote:
Hey who is Ren Hsieh. Or which poster is he? He always quotes/references the forum in his blogs, so I'm assuming he's a regular poster or maybe lurker.

I guess he is most likely a lurker.

Well, I guess his surname suggested he is a Taiwanese probably a resident in Houston.

Maybe I should send him a debit note and charge him fees for "borrowing" stuff I translated and posted here on this forum. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
pryuen wrote:
escadawg wrote:

I guess he is most likely a lurker.

Well, I guess his surname suggested he is a Taiwanese probably a resident in Houston.

Maybe I should send him a debit note and charge him fees for "borrowing" stuff I translated and posted here on this forum. :P

You should - that dude is always stealing your material!

http://blogs.chron.com/yaocentral/archi ... elf_1.html

February 27, 2007

Brace yourself

A lot has been said of the knee brace Yao Ming has had to wear, mostly pessimistic. Yao doesn't like it and its presence in Rockets' practices only further aggravated Jeff Van Gundy's relapse to the Debbie Downer he promised he'd try not to be. Try is the key word.

Take one look at that brace and you'll see why. YaoMingMania.com has a great pic of the disagreeable thing and then dogs it, along with the Rockets' performance against the Celtics Monday night. So, to brace of not to brace? Is it fair to infer that if a brace of such proportions is necessary, then Yao really shouldn't be taking contact yet?

Protrade.com, the sports stock market, compares Yao to Steve Francis as far as stock value this point in the season. It's an interesting evaluation even if it has nothing to do with actual sports or the stock market.

Posted by Ren Hsieh at February 27, 2007 04:26 PM

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:52 am
Quote:
that dude is always stealing your material!

Stealing is too strong a word. The guy didn't really copy word by word in his blog and he gives source of the information too. He is just another fan with his own blog. You can do the same if you want to.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:49 am
I suspect he's actually one of the semi-regular posters here, one that is located locally, say sugarland or something like that

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
waterfall_zen wrote:
Quote:
that dude is always stealing your material!

Stealing is too strong a word. The guy didn't really copy word by word in his blog and he gives source of the information too. He is just another fan with his own blog. You can do the same if you want to.

Then instead of giving reference to YMM's fan forum, he should acknowledged Raymond for translating the Chinese articles.

Offline Profile WWW