<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming and Team China took a break

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm

After 4 days of hard training, the NT took a break. Practice started really late, at 9:40 am, and lasted for only 2 hours today. In the afternoon, after lunch and some siesta, the players went shopping in the city Harbin in small groups.

Maybe you want to ask: Why don't you give us a Yao Ming picture? Because there's none. Yao Ming and Bateer didn't go shopping. Why? They were afraid their over-famous statuses and gigantic statures will cause a lot of trouble. Yao Ming knew there were many fans wanting his autographs outside the building, so he opted to stay in the hotel to listen to music and read a book.

Notice the girl who's requesting Du Feng and Li Ke's autographs was wearing a Shanghai Sharks jacket....tells you how many Yao Ming fans there are...sigh

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
Sinobball, Do you know which CBA team got the most fans?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:16 pm
No.

I think it's either Bayi Rockets, Guangdong Southern Tigers, Jilin Northeastern Tigers, or Shanghai Sharks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
sinobball wrote:
No.

I think it's either Bayi Rockets, Guangdong Southern Tigers, Jilin Northeastern Tigers, or Shanghai Sharks.

let's narrow it down to bayi rockets or Shanghai Sharks

I learned from other members that bayi rockets is the best team in china right now.
However, Yao gains so much popularity these days, this will help the Sharks gain more fans.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:26 pm
Not really, Yao Ming is no longer with the Sharks.
Actually I believe in the order I listed above: Bayi, Guangdong, Jilin, and Shanghai. I think the only reason Shanghai is in top 4 is because it's a big city, because the team virtually sucks after the departure of Yao.

Offline Profile