<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao Ming and Team China celebrates Moon Festival

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:56 am
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm

Most players had already forgotten it was a holiday during practice in the day, but at 7pm, Heilongjiang Province Athletic Department had preapared an evening banquet for the players. So 20 players sat in front of 2 tables and spent the evening.

Yao Ming didn't seem to have too much appetite facing so many dishes. Because he seldom ate Northeastern (Manchuria) food, he was only interested in Harbin's red sausage. When an official recommended the Northeastern special "Salmon Eggs" to him, saying it's tasty and nutritious, his teammate Jiao Jian joked, "Don't tell him, if you tell him he'll eat it all."

The waiters also found out Yao Ming doesn't really like mutton, he didn't touch the grilled mutton on the table. When they were eating, the TV was showing music videos by prairie singer Siqin Gerier, and Yao Ming smiled, "Never change the channel, this is Bateer's favorite." Just then, another guy changed the channel, and Yao Ming quickly stepped forward and changed the channel back, saying loudly, "Didn't I just tell you, this is Bateer's favorite."

The banquet had lasted for one and a half hour, and due to training nobody drank. Afterwards everyone called their relatives via cell phones.

(Note: Did you guys check out the moon yesterday. Man it was round and bright. But in Chinese sayings, the moon should be even brighter today, the day after Moon Festival. So don't miss it.)

Last edited by sinobball on Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:18 am
Some people say you can see Mars twinkling beside the moon because the Mars is so close to the earth, but I could not find Mars. In which direction should I look?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
Some people say you can see Mars twinkling beside the moon because the Mars is so close to the earth, but I could not find Mars. In which direction should I look?

I was trying to see it as well !!!

My sister told me that the brightest star next to the moon is Mars.

Well, if we can't see it this time, it would have to be in our next lifes or life after next that we can see it, as it would be another 600 years when the Mars will be so close to the earth !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
no full moon :( :( :(
it was foggy at night

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:27 am
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:

I was trying to see it as well !!!

My sister told me that the brightest star next to the moon is Mars.

Well, if we can't see it this time, it would have to be in our next lifes or life after next that we can see it, as it would be another 600 years when the Mars will be so close to the earth !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

i saw it, it is actually very close to the moon, just look for the star with a redish glow

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM