<  Yao's impact on the Asian community  ~  Charles "Gundy won't play me" Oakley disses Yao

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
oakley says non-black player just can shoot...
isn't shooting the most important skill in bball :?:
u gotta shoot well to score, and u gotta score to win...
team usa lost in the olympics because they don't shot well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
oakley is an idiot. everything he does or says, it's his way of trying to justify his lack of skills. when he was with the knicks, he always throws some errand inbounds pass into the 15th row that makes you shake your head and go "WTF?!". if you have to look to oakley for answers, might as well move to the bronx and work for his car wash.

here's john starks trying to be encouraging after one of those plays. he's saying "good try oak, good try"...<murmur> "i was already spotted up for the 3 blind b*tch"

here's ewing's reaction. he's saying "heh hehhhh...yeahhhhh...shieeeeeet, too much action at the gold club will do that to you."

and larry johnson giving him the sign. "LOSER!"

and jordan. "i'm so glad i don't have to play with that fool anymore"

and the oak man himself. "keke. hope no one saw that or the neon purple suit i came in with"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
TheFranchise wrote:
ok...blak people mite not have made it there...but only because of THE OTHER BLACK PEOPLE that stop them...reallly name some white stars since the days of bird..and european players dont count

John Stockton comes to mind, but I'm not sure being the best half court point guard ever qualifies you.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:10 am
User avatarPosts: 554Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:15 am
John Stockton was ever a more vital piece to a team than Old Oak :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:35 am
User avatarPosts: 1027Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:06 am
kenghis wrote:

Different world. Oakley's strength is grabbing boards (rebounds). He's a physical style of player. Not quickest, ain't no shooters, couldn't pass, but pretty good (only) at his inside plays. If I were to say what is wrong with him, then I'd say he just doesn't understand that people are different not only in the crazy society, but people are also different in terms of style of play in the crazy basketball world. What ever helps bring the team the Larry O'Brien trophy means good ball skills. Period.

So, here's a little 5 cent to Oak. "If you couldn't make a living off the ball no more, stop dissing people and being racist, try to make a living elsewhere with blood and sweat... (Selling his butt to...xxxx...)"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:37 am
User avatarPosts: 554Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:15 am
coolku wrote:
kenghis wrote:

Different world. Oakley's strength is grabbing boards (rebounds). He's a physical style of player. Not quickest, ain't no shooters, couldn't pass, but pretty good (only) at his inside plays. If I were to say what is wrong with him, then I'd say he just doesn't understand that people are different not only in the crazy society, but people are also different in terms of style of play in the crazy basketball world. What ever helps bring the team the Larry O'Brien trophy means good ball skills. Period.

So, here's a little 5 cent to Oak. "If you couldn't make a living off the ball no more, stop dissing people and being racist, try to make a living elsewhere with blood and sweat... (Selling his butt to...xxxx...)"

Roles aside I was referring to their value on the team. Jazz wouldn't gone thru the success they did without Stockton and Malone wouldn't scored all those points without him either. HE WAS THE ANCHOR! :o

Oak on the other hand, Oak who? I don't think even the Knicks fan remember him. He should've spent the time he had playing NBA Live 95 instead of wasting his time on the Rockets bench :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
at least that way he could relive some past glory and set his dunk power to 99.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 1027Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:06 am
kenghis wrote:
coolku wrote:
kenghis wrote:

Roles aside I was referring to their value on the team. Jazz wouldn't gone thru the success they did without Stockton and Malone wouldn't scored all those points without him either. HE WAS THE ANCHOR! :o

Oak on the other hand, Oak who? I don't think even the Knicks fan remember him. He should've spent the time he had playing NBA Live 95 instead of wasting his time on the Rockets bench :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
at least that way he could relive some past glory and set his dunk power to 99.

Dude, ya misunderstood me. To me it's definitely hats off to the John&Karl duo. Yeah, in a one-liner, "Oak stinks"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:22 am
User avatarPosts: 1725Location: West BankJoined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:11 am
Nikky wrote:
But so will going for 0-for-3, with 3 fouls, and only 1 rebound in 8 minutes (see Charles Oakley, April 1, 2004). :roll: How easy is it to criticize other players' abilities, but your own? Know that irony is only a footstep behind with a pair of steel-toed boots.

Lmao - Oakley = PWNED. 8) Good job.

Offline Profile