<  Yao's impact on the Asian community  ~  Charles "Gundy won't play me" Oakley disses Yao

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:46 am
I'm afraid this is one of the many problems in America. These problems define who America is and what American life is like in the 21st century.

Whites are afraid of appearing to be in the slightest way racist towards blacks that they rarely publicly criticize blacks because doing so can mean the end of one's career, and reputation. There is nothing more funny or sad than seeing white CEO's and Presidents scurrying like rats whenever Jesse Jackson and his "Rainbow" Coalition appear. It is easier to kow-tow than to stand up for truth.

Blacks on the other hand are the freest people in this land, free to be racists towards everyone and anyone, and never fearing to be held accountable for their words and sometimes, even their actions. They have stripped away the euro-centric culture and values that have defined this country since it's inception. America today is culturally more african than european. Blacks are idolized as athetic heroes, pop singers, movie stars although the average black is the poorest, least educated, most violent group in America.

Meanwhile, the other peoples of color have no practical voice in America, quietly bearing the brunt of both Whites and Blacks's whips and chains. These cultural and social slaves are held helpless, twisting in the wind with no relief in sight. The majority of them are hard-working, responsible immigrants, and living the American dream. What is the American dream? That anyone can raise their standard of life through hard work, and talent regardless of class, race, or politics. Is that not the definition of a true American? Which is more American? An immigrant from Hong-Kong working 14 hours a day raising himself up by his bootstraps and making something of value of his life? Or a fat lazy american who collects welfare, complaining and whining about his life and blaming everyone else?

What ever happened to Martin Luther King's dream of being judged by the content of one's character and not by the color of one's skin? It has been largely forgotten and trampled upon and in its place is a false facade of equality and tranquility. But behind the facade, the same ugly racism that enslaved an entire race of people for centuries like animals lurks, rearing it's ugly face from time to time. Racism can never be destroyed or defeated.

People like Charles Barkley are the worst examples of hypocrisy and ignorance that the human race has ever produced. People like Charles Barley belittle the noble words and dreams of Martin Luther King.

Will things get better? Will there be a genuine spirit of respect and openness based on judging people based on the content of their character instead of color?

Not in my lifetime, or yours.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 820Location: wow wow wowJoined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:25 pm
Oakley not Barkley

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
whatever happened to oakley.

is the old man retired yet or is he still job hunting?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:02 am
Say it to Yao's face, Foakley... Ooops, my bad. You can't even reach it.

-Shanghai

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 271Location: San FranciscoJoined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:20 am
Oakley appears awfully bitter. I can't understand why as the NBA has been thought of in recent years as too "black". It's been only in recent years with Dirk, Peja, Nash, and other good white players have popped up. Don't forget about Yao too.

The NBA is trying to re-market to "white" folks or others who may not have liked the league because of the large number of black players.

There's nothing wrong with that. THe NBA is all about the money. If there was another chinese star besides Yao, they would market it. That's just the fact of life. If there's a superstar white player, the NBA will market it.

Oakley shouldn't talk about the players themselves, he should talk to the NBA.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:29 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
Shanghai wrote:

-Shanghai

? I don't understand Foakley, but i think Oakley could prob mess up Yao. This guy picked a fight with alonzo morning.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:57 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
i saw oakley throw a couple of punches at barkley one time. he's got sissy punches. he's all talk.

FFz wrote:
Shanghai wrote:

-Shanghai

? I don't understand Foakley, but i think Oakley could prob mess up Yao. This guy picked a fight with alonzo morning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:31 am
seriously what did oakley expect, he had a 10 day contract to prove what he's got and couldn't deliver, it's just that simple

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 1043Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:03 pm
That's just Oak, the man says some funny stuff, makes an ***** out of himself half of the time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:32 am
ok, cut some slack to barkley. he love sto exaggerate thing, just the type that like to put thing out of context to prove his point.

what he's trying to say was black play physical, non-black skilled and soft.

by the smae token, charles is saying black are more physcial (look at team usa), plain muscle with no brain nor skill.

non-black, like Yao and dirt got the skills but no muscle.

Offline Profile