<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Jeremy Lin Beijing Ducks & CBA thread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:57 am
Malorkayel wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-jeremy-lin-turned-down-several-non-nba-offers-to-play-in-the-cba/

“I dreamed of playing in the NBA since I was a child,” said the former Toronto Raptor. “Although there is no NBA contract this year, I had invitations from many other leagues, and though my agent told me the fastest route back to the NBA was to play in Europe, I told myself years ago that I would definitely play in the CBA.”

Yeah, Lin is walking the razor's edge. Some CBA players will definitely resent Jeremy. Lin will have to prove himself to China, and Lin will always been used as propaganda by US, TW, CN.

You simply need to look at post of dumb@ss Directs Hoot/N1g. History of being a Lin hater, however, he spams Lin posts now to make CBA look bad. DHOOT is tripping over himself to post Lin lowlights here.

CBA is like Bollywood, far behind the model NBA. They are not living on the same planet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:43 am
Posts: 4695Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
yaominginfohere wrote:
Lin did say representing Asians was more important to him than winning an NBA Championship. NBA owners, of course, care more about their team winning championships than they care about Asians.

Lin is now in the CBA. Maybe there will be a young Chinese PG who gets to now watch Lin in person -- believe he can one day play in the NBA. Youngsters need a role model to succeed.

Just like American-born Vietnamese soccer player, Lee Nguyen, who went to his parent's motherland to play in the country's domestic soccer league -- he became the biggest star and highest paid player in Vietnam.

I see the same happening to Lin.

I don't know anything about Lee Nguyen, but the challenge I see for Lin is that in order to become a huge star in the CBA, he needs to be dominant (eg. Stephon Marbury)...but Lin's game has never been about being dominant. Even during Linsanity, Lin was scoring and making plays, but it was less about being dominant and more about playing his role in that system. Given his age, his injury history, and his general style of play, I don't see Lin being a huge dominant player in the CBA...and he will ultimately fade into retirement. Hope I'm wrong, but that's how it feels at this point to me.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 am
Here are highlights from Lin's first game with the Ducks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH3KIoZHfqI

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 am
Yes, he's definitely shrinking. His injury at Nets' year totally destroyed him. That's why he got blocked in China by a young rookie. CBA only like players under 25, for older ones like him they usually think you are done.
The media already consider him as an enhanced Fang. He already got compared with Fang.

Fang is one of Team China's PGs. He's younger, quicker and more handsome than Lin.

Or even this guy, Liu Xiaoyu. A former Team China PG

Lin actually is more like Lee, a Taiwanese PG playing for Ducks in their championship years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 15705Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Quote:
Fang is one of Team China's PGs. He's younger, quicker and more handsome than Lin.

Handsome... WTF, I guess you're the type of guy that sniff and smell other dudes. Like creepy Joe Biden. 25 years being too old... WTF

I'm watching basketball, not sure what you're watching.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 pm
Quote:
25 years being too old... WTF

It's CBA's standard, not mine.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:56 pm
directshoot wrote:
Yes, he's definitely shrinking. His injury at Nets' year totally destroyed him. That's why he got blocked in China by a young rookie. CBA only like players under 25, for older ones like him they usually think you are done.
The media already consider him as an enhanced Fang. He already got compared with Fang.

Yao got blocked by Nate Robinson. Yao was still the best offensive center in the NBA when he was there.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:37 am
User avatarPosts: 15705Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Hoot doesn't care about Nate Robinson, he is not tall and handsome, and too old for his standards.

I guess he learns about the NBA at the beauty salon or something like that. Or works at a hostess club.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:49 am
PhilNYC wrote:
directshoot wrote:

Yao got blocked by Nate Robinson. Yao was still the best offensive center in the NBA when he was there.

You are right. But it's just a sign that shows you NBA abandon him with a reason.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:06 am
directshoot wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
directshoot wrote:

You are right. But it's just a sign that shows you NBA abandon him with a reason.

What was the reason?

Offline Profile YIM